16. Let's Dance.

I reluctantly gulped down the glass of red wine, trying hard not to revel in the rich flavor of aged grapes laced with spice. I puckered my lips and shuddered a bit as the not entirely familiar alcohol spread tendrils of warmth through my body. 

"That's more like it!" Andrew said as he gulped down his shot of whiskey. 

That was certainly more like it I felt much better as the wine settled in my stomach and my previous reservations about drinking at the party where entirely gone and replaced with a desire to drink even more alcohol. I wasn't known for my ability to hold drinks. 

I raised a hand and beckoned the bartender back over to the bar where me and Andrew were sitting,

"Can you get me two shots of tequila?" My words where already slurring together. The bartender glanced at me and then at Andrew before going to get my order.

"And add two slices of lime to that!" I added as the bartender poured my drinks. 

After throwing back the shots I felt much lighter, as if i could float and I was itching to dance. Andrew sat next to me twirling a strand of my hair around his finger while taking small sips of his third whiskey. He noticed me staring at the dance floor and swallowed down the last of it with a small wince and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand, 

"Wanna dance?" 

I tried to look nonchalant, "Sure."

We weaved our way through the sweaty crowd in the general direction of the dance floor when I lost Andrew somewhere between the dance floor and the ba, I turned to see him talking to a strange man. I didn't feel like waiting for him to finish so I let the crowd carry me straight to the middle of the dance floor.

The music shook the floor sending waves of vibration up my legs and straight to my heart.  I shimmed to the rhythm of the pounding drums and guitars and lost my self in the chaos of meaningless lyrics. 

—-

I had been dancing, or should I say bobbing to the blasting music for a little over 15 minutes when I felt a large hand running down my back and over my bum. I jumped away and turned to face the creepster who thought it was okay to touch girls like that. 

"Hey, what do you think you're doing!" 

The man, who was heavy set and practically spilling out of his designer suit and looked to be about 35 smiled creepily at me, 

"Sorry hon, my hands just moved before I could stop them." 

I glared at the man and turned to stomp away when he grabbed my hand and yanked me back towards him, 

"Aw c'mon sweetheart, stop teasing me," 

I gagged, what kind of twisted sicko was this man? 

I tried to slide my hand from his grip but he gripped my hand even tighter and began grinding against me, all while covering my mouth with his big fat filthy hand. I squirmed in his grip trying desperately to escape from him. 

He lowered his mouth to my neck and began licking my neck, his slimy tongue running up and down it in disgusting repetition. Couples around us were sucking face and we didn't stand out. No one knew what was really going on. 

Tears streamed down my face as the man's face came down closer to mine no one was coming to save me. I would be raped by this guy and no one would ever know.  I somehow managed to push him and turned away from his Stinky mouth but he than grabbed me by my waist his hand on my tummy holding me tightly in place. His dìck poking my butt. Tears of terror ran through my chin and the loudest scream unheard.

I was shaking in sheer terror as the mans face was mere inches away from me, when all of a sudden the man was yanked off of me and into the crowd. 

I opened my eyes and saw that Mr. Agrawal was standing over me his fist clenched to his side as he stared at the brute his eyes flashing,"I'll be taking my P.A away." 

Mr. Agrawal gently wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me to the very edge of the dance floor where Mr. Johnson and Laila were watching greeted me with concerned glances. 

"Oh my gosh Kiara are you okay?" Laila fussed over me making sure that every hair on my head was okay. 

I sat down at their table for a little while and drank a few glasses of water to clear my head. 

The dance floor was clearing up a bit and some slow songs were starting to play. I wanted to dance again, but I was too afraid of being attacked again. 

Mr. Agrawal who had been chatting with Mr. Johnson and Laila noticed my wistful look, 

"Why don't we dance?"

Laila shot a look at Mr. Johnson and he smiled right back at her before they slid out the table, 

"Sure," 

Mr. Agrawal offered his hand to me as we re-entered the dance floor.The first notes of the song began to play, couples all around us twirled to the gentle beat of drums and tinkering of piano keys. I saw Laila and Johnson dancing totally engulfed in each other, something more than work was going on between them. 

I glanced at Mr. Agrawal as I awkwardly shuffled to the beat of the song, "Do you even know how to dance?"

He snorted in obvious disbelief, "Do I?" 

He wrapped an arm around my waist bringing me closer to his him and then placed the other hand on my mid back, my heartbeat speed up and a blush rose to my cheeks as I realized how close we were. 

He smirked,  "Let's see if I can dance."  

I gasped as he dipped me and then brought me back up into a twirl, his eyes where a light grey now and they shone with amusement at my discomfort. So I closed my eyes and focused on the words of the song, 

You're the cure

You're the pain 

The words gripped with a strange kind of melancholy and a tear or two escaped from my tear ducts as I swirled around the room with Mr. Agrawal. 

What are you waiting for?

The room was enveloped in a brief silence as the last words of the song faded out, the silence was soon filled up by the applause and whoops of a room full of half drunk people. It was then that I realized that we, meaning me and Mr.Agrawal where the only ones on the dance floor. 

I smiled up at Mr. Agrawal, "I guess you can dance."

____________________

What do you guys think about Kiara?

VOTE!!COMMENT!! =)

 - D.love