Chapter 16: Peace is with the Airplanes, Miss Valentine

Eli’s eyes remained closed as mine fluttered open. I grabbed some black and grey jean shorts and an ‘I Heart Mustaches’ tee shirt and slipped them on. I found some socks and a pair of black combat boots and put them on. I clasped my belt loosely around my waist and slipped the knives and guns neatly in their sheaths and holsters. I put my machetes in their back holster. I pulled my hair into a loose and messy bun and let my long brown bangs hang in my face. I smiled at my appearance and walked out of the store, making my way towards a certain bathroom.

There wasn’t much movement and the silence that surrounded me was eerie. The chilling air made me wish I grabbed a hoodie.  A creaking sound could be heard behind me and I spun on my heels. There was nothing and no one behind me. With suspicion in me, I spun around slowly and a man was there.

His raven black hair was long and messy. It covered most of his forehead leaving his pale blue eyes in a shadow. His caramel colored skin was free of blemishes if you subtract the scars that covered his arms, neck, and face. His muscles were toned and his white tee shirt hugged his body snugly. His grey cargo pants covered his legs and on his feet were plain black Converse. He was handsome, you could give him that.

“Hello,” I said with no emotion while narrowing my eyes at the man.

“Hello,” was his response. His voice was deep.

“Have you seen a boy with white hair?” I asked, getting right to the point. A smirk rose to his smooth lips.

“It all depends on who’s asking,” he smirked.

“The girl who he locked in a bathroom full of flesh-eating monsters,” I said, putting my hands on my hips with a bit of annoyance.

“Ah yes, so you’re that girl who destroyed the bathroom door,” he said with realization in his voice.

“What’s it to you?” I asked.

“Well, I am his ‘boss’, per say,” he explained. A small smile spread on my face.

“I am the leader of my group, per say, and they weren’t too happy to see their friend wounded,” I said with a small smirk.

“Really? How’d you get the wound?” he asked.

“Trying to get out of your crazy friend’s dungeon! What was with that anyway?” I question with slight anger. Can you blame me? I was trapped in a bathroom full of zombies under his orders. I narrowed my eyes at him.

“In order for us to help you, we must know that can fight them off, we need to know that you are worthy of our help,” he said. He sounded arrogant, like he was better than the rest and that was why he had people under his “control”. I glared at him and sighed.

“Look, my friends and I have been here for a day. I don’t want any fighting between our two troops, I just want peace,” I said simply. “Do you think you could tell them that?” I asked.

“Of course,” he said with a smirk. I stepped closer to him.

“You know who your troop is, anyone that’s not in your troop is in my troop- unless they’re a zombie- if a single hair on anyone of my troop members is harmed, you will regret it,” I said through gritted teeth while poking at his chest. “I don’t care how small I am compared to you, I will break every bone in your precious body,” I threatened, “understood?” I asked, cocking an eyebrow. Amusement played on his face.

“Yes, understood, miss…” he trailed.

“Miss Valentine to you,” I said. He nodded.

“Understood, Miss Valentine,” he nodded, an amused smirk on his face. I narrowed my eyes at him, and turned on my heels to walk away.