Chapter 30

"Stay away from me, Laurel." I said, running my fingers through my hair.

"What? No!" She put her hand on my shoulder.

"You are not safe!" I shoved her hand off.

"There is no other place I'd be safer in that close to you, damn it!"

I frowned, placing my hands on my hips.

"The safest place for me right now, is in your arms." Her voice got softer. I calmed down. "Pietro. I am not leaving your side."

"Right now, there are super-powered assassins waiting to kidnap me at every corner. I do not want you to get hurt."

"If I leave your side, I'll be the one kidnapped and used to hurt you." She placed her hands on my cheeks. "Pietro, please. I wanna be with you." She looked deep in my eyes, her green ones mixing with my blue ones.

"No. I am sorry."

"Damn it, Pietro." Her lips crashed into mine, an explosion of passion running through our veins. I initially denied the kiss, but I gave in. The kiss went deeper and deeper, making us both release little moans. She released, tugging  her at the roots of my hair. "How many times do I have to remind you that I want you?" We reunited our lips, cupping each other's faces. I wanted her as much as she wanted me, but I can't risk her life because of me. I can't. But she has a point. The safest place right now, is between my arms. So let them come. I dare them to hurt her.

"God, I love you, Laurel."

She smiled, letting me kiss her neck. I licked and kissed, making her moan my name. I left red marks, sucking at her skin. I reached down to her collarbone, gently biting her soft skin. She pushed away, gasping for air.

"Wait." She looked around. "What time is it?"

I ran to check my phone. "3am."

"Pietro, it's late." She grabbed a bra from her luggage.

"True. I am tired." I scratched my head and took off my jacket. Then the vest, then the tie. Laurel told me to close my eyes while she slid out of her dress and put a bra on. I managed to sneak a peek at her perfect back.

"You can look." She said, getting under the covers of our messed up bed.

I took off my shirt, and then my shoes. I told Laurel to close her eyes while I took off my pants. She laughed, ignoring me. I slid off my pants and climbed in the bed.

"This is how we slept last night." Laurel turned to face me.

"In our underwear?" I asked, lying on my stomach.

"Close together." She moved next to me, placing kisses on my back.

"Did you not say it was late?" I smirked, getting on my back. Laurel rested her head on my chest, tracing circles on my abdomen. She ran her hands down to my bellybutton, making me slightly aroused. She tugged at the strap of my underwear, lifting it up to the point that I had to shove her hand away. "Laurel?"

"Okay." She rose her head. "Good night, Pietro." She kissed me and went to her side of the bed. I pulled her close, wishing her goodnight and putting my arm over her.

--------

We woke up at almost 3pm. Hell, everyone did. We ate pancakes at 3pm in the afternoon, too. Yup. Then, a mission popped up in Wakanda, Africa. Something about some panthers. I was ordered to stay in the tower and protect Laurel. That meant Laurel and I had the tower to ourselves. We could use the pool, go to the mini golf course Tony built. There were dozens of things we could do.

We decided to go to the pool. We changed our clothes and headed to the jacuzzi first.

"I've never liked jacuzzis." Laurel said, dipping her toe in the hot water.

"I have never been in one." I snickered. I dipped my legs first. I thought I could never get hot. I was wrong. The water initially stung my skin, but I got used to it and started to slowly lower my upper body. I flinched as I sat down in the hot water. Laurel sat at the edge of the pool, her legs the only part of her inside the water.

"This is as far as I'm getting." She said, moving her legs around.

"Come on. I do not want to sit here alone." I pouted, resting my chin on the pool edge. She furrowed her eyebrows in defeat, slowly getting in.

"Damn you, Pietro. This is really hot water."

"No kidding." I chuckled. She sat next to me and I put my arm around her. She told me I had really big arms.

We talked and talked. We spent about ten minutes in the jacuzzi. Laurel wanted to get out and go to the regular pool. Laurel shivered at contact with the water. That's what happens when you spend time in hot water and you suddenly go to normal water. She stood in the edge, looking down at the water below. As she looked at my way, I was already tackling her into the water, bringing us both down. I looked at her under the water. She was laughing. We rose up together, gasping for air.

"I hate you!" Laurel shouted, running her hair back and laughing while at it.

"I hate you too." I grabbed her and pulled her close.

She chuckled and ran her fingers through my hair. Her body pressed against mine, tension rose between us. I couldn't resist. Our lips met, releasing some of the pressure between us. She quickly lets go, biting her lip.

"Not here. It's weird." She let go of me.

"I agree. Someone could walk in on us."

"Exactly." She smiled.

"We could have a friendly game of volleyball instead." I got out of the pool and grabbed a volleyball from the pool closet. Laurel stared at my chest, quickly looking away as I threw the ball and caught it.

"That will do. I was in the girl's volleyball team in high school." She smirked, placing her hands on her hips.

"Is that a challenge I hear?" I jumped inside the water.

"No. A threat." She got in position. I threw the ball and she immediately gained a point. She had blocked the ball.

"Come on, Pietro. You're gonna have to do better than that."

I ended up winning. 20-19. I won because Laurel accidentally served wrong and hit the net. Yes, there was a section of the pool that had a net for volleyball. We swam a bit more and left the pool.

"We should go eat something." Laurel said, drying off with her towel.

"It is Christmas. We should eat something Christmas related."

"I'm in the mood for Mexican, though." She said, drying her hair.

"I have never tried burritos. Tacos, yes, but no burritos." I chuckled.

We went to my room to shower and change. She went first since she took longer. I had the urge to go in and join her, but that would be taking it too far. She would probably shriek and curse at me the minute I entered.