Chapter 43

"I swear, the HYDRA compound is in this place." I said, pointing at a location on a map.

"That's impossible. Natasha and I went there a few months ago and it was destroyed." Cap said, placing his hands on his hips.

"What do you mean? You and Natasha?" Tony smirked.

"It's a long story." Cap groaned, obvious discomfort in his eyes.

"Alright, so we know where the HYDRA base is, we should coordinate an attack." Thor crossed his arms.

"How can we trust you, Pietro? Your mind is still messed up." Nat said.

"I just remembered, alright? They did some things to me there. That is how I remember."

"What kind of things?" Clint stepped forward.

"Oh my god, things! They did things!" I groaned and started waving my arms around.

"So, you remember where the HYDRA base is, which is in Cap's old training camp, but you don't remember my birthday?" Tony squinted. He always tried to make everything about him. Typical Tony Stark.

"I just remembered some things, big things, but I do not remember details. Small details like your birthday."

"You are more confusing than Natasha." Clint snickered, bowing his head.

"Hey!" She paused. "Yeah, never mind, I am confusing."

"You can say that twice." Dr. Banner whispered.

"Okay! Let's focus on the matter here!" She waved her arms, staring intently at Dr. Banner.

"Wait, Pietro, did you see that woman? What was her name?" Wanda asked.

"Katrina Rochev. No, I did not see her. But, I saw other men. Tall, dark, scary men."

"We already know the location of their base! All we need to do is coordinate a successful attack and take down this HYDRA facility." Thor bursted out. We all stayed in silence as he calmed down.

"Thor's right. We must take down these men and put them behind bars." Vision finally spoke.

"There are other people in that base. Innocent people who have been forcefully taken. We must save them, before HYDRA does more harmful experiments on them." I suggested.

"Okay, to review, the mission is to take down and arrest the HYDRA agents, and rescue the captured, enhanced people. Where are we supposed to keep those people?" Natasha sat down next to Steve, very close to him. I saw Banner stare in jealousy.

"Well, I do not know. We have enough room in the tower?" I shrugged.

"Oh, no. I am not keeping dozens of super powered people in my tower. No way." Tony stood up, moving his head side to side.

"Well, Pietro is right. We can't abandon them." Vision spoke.

"We could set up our own school. Avengers Academy: The World's Mightiest School!" Clint laughed under his breath.

"That is an excellent idea, Clint!" Vision raised his voice.

"What?! No! I was joking!" Clint started panicking.

"It's decided, then. We take down the HYDRA men, save the super powered people, and bring them to the tower to teach them how to control their powers!" Cap said, enthusiastic with the idea.

"This is gonna go so wrong." Nat whispered to herself.

"Okay, tomorrow, at night, we advance with our plan to seize this HYDRA base and save the innocent captives. But tonight, is New Year's Eve." Tony glanced at me, a confused expression on my face as to why.

"Let me guess, you want to throw another party?" Cap said with an annoyed tone.

"No. I was gonna suggest we have a formal dinner. Something fancy, and them we go out to the terrace for the count down."

"Great idea, Tony." Nat muttered.

"Come on, guys! New Year's Eve only comes once a year! We should celebrate in some way!" He stood with a huge grin on his face. "Well?"

"Fine." The rest of us managed to say in unison.

"Great! I'll get my best chefs on the job." With that, Tony sprinted out of the room, heading towards the kitchen.

"What would we do without him?" Cap said, receiving a chuckle from Nat.

"Hey, Pietro, where's Laurel?" Clint asked.

"She went down to the bakery to help out her coworkers. Apparently, a lot of orders come in New Year's Eve."

"I can't imagine. So many cakes." He snickered.

"Clint, are you drunk?" Nat asked.

"No, Miss Romanoff. I am not drunk." He said in a serious tone, laying back on his chair.

An awkward silence fell upon us. We were all just sitting there. Awkwardly.

"Well, I am going to wash the Quinjet. Anyone want to join?" Cap said, standing up from the couch.

"Sure, come on, Clint." Natasha followed, then Clint.

Dr. Banner soon left the room as well. Then Thor. Now, it was only Wanda, Vision, and me.

"I am going to help out Laurel at the bakery. Goodbye." With that, I waved goodbye and ran for the elevator. I hate awkward silences, but, who doesn't?

The trip from the tower to the bakery took five seconds. It's really near. As I stepped inside, all I could hear were dozens of people yelling their orders, and the few employees running from side to side. It was complete and utter chaos. I managed to squeeze myself through the huge crowd and made my way to the front counter. I saw Laurel coming out of the back.

"Need a hand?" I smirked, leaning my elbow on the counter.

"Actually, yes." She signaled me to come over to the kitchen. So, I jumped over the counter and did as told. It was a bigger mess inside the kitchen. There was flour everywhere and there were cupcakes literally everywhere. Laurel pushed everyone out of the room, saying that me and her had it under control.

"Okay, right now, we need a dozen carrot cupcakes, two Oreo cakes, another dozen glazed donuts, twenty oatmeal cookies, a a red velvet cake, and one croissant." She recited. She stared at me. "Well? Go!"

I jumped out of surprise and baked everything in five minutes. It was all perfectly placed on the kitchen table afterwards.

"Okay, so you bake, and I'll pack them. Got it?"

"Got it, Williams."

The whole bakery was emptied in about half an hour. We had baked, packed, served, and charged like never before. Laurel's boss stood in astonishment and was considering even hiring me. I, of course, declined the offer because I already had a job. And a well paying one. Her boss also gave Laurel the rest of the day off. We walked outside of the bakery, a huge grin tugging at Laurel's mouth.

"Thank you, Pietro." She said, placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Anything for you." I smiled, wrapping my arms around her.

"So, what does Tony have planned for tonight?"

"He is going to throw a formal dinner."

"Then we better hurry up to get ready."

"Eh. I do not really want to go."

"Pietro, you've been away from the Avengers for like five days. I bet they want to see you there."

"No. I got a better idea." I stopped, then pulled Laurel in the opposite direction, walking towards Times Square.

"There is something I have never seen before that I really wanna see."