Chapter 18

"Two tickets for Jurassic World, please." I asked the man at the ticket booth. He handed me the tickets and me and Laurel went to buy popcorn.

"I will buy the popcorn. Go save the seats." I smiled.

"Ok. Don't bail out on me." She chuckled and went to the movie room. She had a cute butt. Damn it, Pietro.

"Hello, can I have an extra large popcorn and two bottles of water." I said with a smile. Coke made me too hyper.

The woman gave me the food and I gave her the money. Then, I headed inside. Laurel was waving at me, and I couldn't do anything but chuckle at her waving like a dork. A cute dork.

"Just in time for the commercials." She whispered, looking at the popcorn.

I sat down next to her and the commercials rolled. She leaned her head against me.

"Comfortable?" I asked.

"No. You're too toned." She said, giggling.

I smiled at her, them we continued watching the movie, which had just started. I put my arm around her when I felt her shiver. The other time we were this close was when we were dancing at the party.

"Do you want my jacket?" I whispered.

"I'm fine." She muttered, moving her legs slightly closer to me. "I just get cold easily."

-----------

When the movie, ended, I took her to a nearby Starbucks. This is it. We sat down at the table. She didn't know why we were here.

"I need to tell you something, Laurel. Something very important about me."

She crossed her arms on the table.

"Go ahead."

I sighed, then I ran outside, towards the Empire State Building, took a picture of me with it, and ran back.

"What the hell?!" Laurel yelled, causing the people inside the store to give us looks.

"Follow me." I grabbed her hand and took her outside. "I am an Avenger."

She was silent. She didn't say anything. She just looked at me. But I knew she was stunned.

"Laurel?" I said, waving my hand.

"You're an Avenger? You mean like Iron Man and that America guy?" She said, still stunned.

"Yes. I am Quicksilver."

"Who?"

"Quicksilver. The guy with the blue and white suit? Hoodie and goggles? Hangs out with the girl in the scarlet outfit?" I said, a bit stunned myself.

"Yeah. Okay." She said, looking down.

"But, I do not want to drive you away. I just felt like I needed to tell you." I grabbed her hands.

"It's okay, Pietro. I don't care if you're an Avenger. You're Pietro to me." She smiled, hugging me tightly.

"Good." I said, hugging her back.

She released, heading back inside the Starbuck to get our drinks.

"So, you're sister, she's an Avenger too?" She asked, glancing at me.

"Yes, she can move things with her mind, get in your mind, create forcefields, and a lot of other things I do not understand." I laughed. So did she.

"What can you do? Teleport or something?"

"No. I run fast."

"That's it?"

"That and I cannot get drunk, cold, hot, or fat."

She laughed, grinning like a fool.

"It is a good set of abilities!" I grinned, taking a sip of my latte.

"Yeah, sure, roadrunner."

"All right, why do people keep calling me that?" I asked.

"It's a cartoon. Roadrunner is this super fast bird. And there's a a coyote who keeps trying to catch the roadrunner."

"Oh. That explains a lot." I smirked.

"So, you live in that Avengers tower?" She said, as we strolled towards the tower.

"Yes. Why?" I grinned at her.

"I don't know. Just wanted to know."

We got to the tower, and I offered to take her inside, to which she agreed.

"Are you sure I can go?" She asked before stepping in.

"Come on." I said as I took her hand, and pulled her inside.