Chapter 19

I took her on a tour around the tower. I showed her the labs, the bar, the training room, the medical room. She was full of awe and amazement.

"This place is huge." She said, staring at the large ceiling.

"And we have only seen less than half of it."

"You're kidding." She said. "Do you happen to have a pool?"

"Yes. It is indoors, so it is not frozen."

It was December already.

"Well, now I gotta see it." She said, begging me to take her.

"All right." I said, carrying her towards the pool.

It was a pretty big pool. It took an entire floor of the tower. Tony said it was "necessary".

"Can we go in?" She asked, looking at me.

"We do not have swim clothes." I said, looking at our very casual, not for water, clothes.

"I bet you do. In your room. And you can ask your sister if I can borrow one." She begged. "Please! I haven't been in a pool since summer!"

I smirked and I ran to my room. I changed to my swim trunks, and then went to Wanda's room. She was sleeping.

"Wha...? Pietro, what are you doing in your swimwear?" She asked, rubbing her eyes.

"I need to borrow one of your swimsuits."

"All right. Sure." She went inside, looked for one and gave it to me.

"Thank you, sister. You are the best." I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek.

I ran back to the pool where Laurel was waiting on a pool chair. She stayed staring at my upper body. She was blushing.

"Here is your swimsuit." I broke her out of her trance.

"Oh, thanks." She went to the bathroom and changed. When she got out, I just saw her cannonball into the pool. I laughed and cannonballed as well.

"Here I come!" I yelled, as I crashed through the water.

The water was not so hot but not so cold. Just in the middle, it was perfect.

"I bet I can hold my breath longer than you underwater." She challenged me.

"Challenge accepted." We both went under, and she was making faces at me underwater. Surprisingly, I was the first out of the water, gasping for air.

"How is it possible?!" I laughed.

"I guess enhanced water breathing isn't one of your abilities!" She laughed as well.

We talked and swam. Laughed and dived. It was fun. And I got to see her in a bathing suit.

Damn it, Pietro.

Anyway, we stayed in the pool for an hour and a half. We got out when Laurel realized how late it was.

"Oh my god! I have work tomorrow, I have to go. It was fun, Pietro." She kissed me on the cheek, looked at my upper body again, and went to change. I grabbed her hand as an idea came into my mind.

"You can stay here. The bakery is a couple of blocks down." I smiled, letting go of her.

"Stay here? With you?" She furrowed her brow.

"We have plenty of rooms here. I will ask Tony to prepare one for you. He does not sleep much."

"Well, I guess it wouldn't hurt to spend a night in the Avengers Tower. And if I get to meet Tony Stark, then fine. Lead the way." She smiled, as I took her hand.

We went to Tony's lab, seeing he was still working on some suits.

"Stark?" I said, opening the door.

"What's up, roadr- who's that?" He said, raising an eyebrow towards Laurel.

"This is Laurel. She needs a room to spend the night. Can she?" I asked, giving him a look.

"Uh, sure. Take any room you want." He said, as I nodded.

"Thank you." I said, walking out with Laurel.

"I pictured him taller." Laurel whispered, which made me laugh.

We walked towards the room, which was in the same hall as mine. We opened the door, and I heard her gasp. She looked around, eyeing everything from the cabinets to the lamps.

"This is like a hotel. But more cozy." She said, feeling the bedsheets.

"The bathroom is there, and the closet over there. You can use whatever clothes are inside." I said, walking through the bedroom door. "Goodnight, Laurel." I smiled.

"Pietro?" She asked, as I almost closed the door.

"Yes?"

She looked around again.

"Nothing, forget it." She smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah, it's okay." She said, waving goodbye.

I closed the door and ran back to my room.

--------

The alarm broke my beautiful sleep. I groaned, then I remembered Laurel.

When I went to her room, it was like she was never there. Then I realized, she had work today.

I went to the kitchen to make myself breakfast. I didn't even bother to check what time it was. I ate some cereal. But there was something strange going on. The tower was quiet. Too quiet. Maybe a mission? No, I would've been informed. Then I remembered. It was training day. Tuesdays were training days with Cap and Natasha. The ones there were me, Wanda, Rhodey, and Vision. The purpose of it was that if we ever lost our powers or, in Rhodey's case, an Iron Man suit, we'd still be trained in combat and weapon use.

I ran towards the training room, where I saw Wanda taking down Vision.

"Sorry I am late. Again." I grinned like an idiot.

"Don't worry, we all know you need your beauty sleep." Natasha said, making everyone in the room chuckle.

"Very funny." I frowned, walking towards the group.

We trained for a couple of hours, until everyone started to get hungry. Although, I think Vision was lying.

"We could go to the pizza place Pietro and I went to." Wanda suggested.

"Pizza sounds good." Rhodey agreed.

Cap and Natasha nodded.

"Fine." I said.

We all looked at Vision, waiting for an answer.

"I think I'll stay in the tower." He said, flying out of the room.

"Then it's settled. Take a shower and we'll meet at the lobby." Cap ordered.

Everyone went to their respective rooms. I texted Laurel to see if she wanted to come, but she said she was still working. We then met at the lobby and walked towards the subway, hoping no one would recognize us.