Chapter 31

The trumpet blasted through my ear, making me cringe. The mariachi played a song next to us. They probably had recognized we were together and decided to play a song for us or something. They ended song, everyone in the room clapping and cheering for them.

"That was nice." Laurel smiled, setting her glass of water on the table.

"And loud." I shook my head to get my hearing back. I was overreacting, but they did blast the music into your ear.

"Oh, come on. You've been to parties with louder music."

"Yes, but that music was not being blasted into my ears."

"Good point." Laurel took another nacho, dipped it in the salsa, and ate it.

The order was a set of 6 burritos. Three for me and three for Laurel. They were not so big. Just the right size for you to eat three and be full.

I took a bite of my first burrito. My eyes widened in delight. The mix of the meat with the lettuce and everything made my taste buds beg for more. I ate like a pig, stuffing my mouth with more and more. I ate all three in like 5 minutes. And I wasn't using my super speed.

"You want to order more?" Laurel snickered, taking a bite from her second burrito.

"Can we order more?" I looked up, licking the tip of my fingers.

I signaled the waiter to come by and ordered another set of six burritos. Laurel was full so the six would be for me. The plate came after 20 minutes and I didn't hesitate to dig in, getting my fingers dirty. Laurel chuckled at my sight, my face looking like one of a five year old. She took a napkin to my face and wiped the food off.

"Can you at least not get food on your face?"

"I will try." I did not try. Laurel gave up after three times wiping my face. She let me get dirty and eat like a pig. She found it amusing.

"You are such a kid." Laurel grinned.

"Remember, adults are just kids grown up."

"Are you quoting Walt Disney?" She furrowed her eyebrow in confusion.

"Maybe." I returned my gaze at the last delicious burrito. It looked so sad there. All alone, without it's burrito buddies. He'd be happy if he joined them. In my stomach. I quickly grabbed the heavenly food and shoved it in my mouth, proud of it.

"Did you like them?" She said in a sarcastic tone.

"No. Too much meat." I joked, of course. These things were gifts sent by God himself.

"I'll pay then." She smiled as she signaled the waiter to bring the check.

"No, I am paying."

"Pietro."

"Laurel."

"I'm paying."

"No, I am paying."

"Pietro!"

"I am paying!"

We both ended up paying half and half. I was the one to give in. Surprise, surprise. I can never fight with Laurel. It's something in her eyes that makes you never want to argue with her.

"Now I know what to get you for your birthday." She grinned, giving the waiter his tip.

"And what is that?" I grabbed her hand and we walked out of the place.

"A bag full of burritos." She placed a kiss on my cheek and leaned her head on my shoulder. We walked towards an alley and I resumed to carry her all the way back to the tower. I'd be lying if I said I didn't enjoy carrying her bridal style. I set her down in the elevator, pressing the button to my floor.

"You're gonna want to go to the bathroom." She leaned against the wall.

"Why?"

"Haven't you heard? Mexican food makes you, tingly inside."

"Oh, please. With my abilities, I won't-" I stopped. I felt knots tying in my stomach. Oh, god. She was right.

"What's wrong?" She smirked, knowing what was wrong very well.

"Oh, nothing." I tried to fake a smile like nothing was going on, but I couldn't. I had never felt like this. I felt like I was going to explode.

As soon as the elevator doors opened, I ran to my room and into the bathroom. I heard Laurel snicker as I made my way out of the elevator.

I came out of the bathroom as relieved as ever. Laurel sat at the desk, painting her nails a dark shade of blue.

"I bet that bathroom is going to be hazardous for the next few days." She laughed. She was right.

"How come you are not in the effects of the Mexican food?"

"Oh, I was. I used the hallway bathroom while you were in there."

I threw myself on the bed. I just wanted to relax. Relax. Laurel sat beside me and started to massage my back. Her hands got deep in my muscles. I groaned in pleasure as she kept rubbing my lower back.

"You're so tense." She whispered, rubbing her hands on my neck.

"Perks of being an Avenger." I managed to say between breaths.

She lied down on the bed as I stretched and flexed my back. I then threw myself upon the bed once more.

"Do you love being an Avenger?" That question threw me off guard. Laurel stared into my eyes. She was serious.

"Well, yes. It is amazing." I blurted out. To be truthful, that wasn't my answer. I didn't know if I loved being an Avenger or not.

"Be honest with me."

I sighed.

"It is amazing being an Avenger. I love it. But sometimes, I wished that I would have never gotten my powers. I would have lived a normal life. Married. Raised a family."

Laurel traced her fingers on my cheek. Her cheeks blushed a light shade of red.

"You can still have those things." She finally whispered.

"I cannot. Being an Avenger and having kids? No. I do not want to be like Clint. I either want to be a full on Avenger or a full on father. Not both." I sat up and bowed my head. Thoughts like these I could only speak about with Laurel. She was the only one who understood.

"One day, you're going to have to make a choice. Wether stay an Avenger, or live a normal life." Her words stayed in my head. "But when you make that choice, there isn't going to be a way to undo it." She was right, as usual. If I wanted to spend my life with Laurel, I'd have to make a choice. And I'd have to stick by that choice.