Chapter 9

"So let me get this straight." Cap crossed his arms and shot a glance at me. "These were HYDRA men and one of them said that they want you two back?"

"Yes, he said that before he killed himself." Wanda spoke, knowing I wouldn't say anything.

"You two need to be careful from now on." Cap frowned. "No missions involving HYDRA, ok?"

"Yea, sir." I muttered.

I ran back to my room and just sat in my couch. I turned on the TV and started scrolling through channels. Nothing good was on. Except a movie called "Despicable Me". I decided to keep watching it, just to see. Man, were those little yellow things annoying.

I got a text from Clint:

~You like these shoes?~ and a picture of some sneakers followed.

I replied: "yeah."

I put the phone away and got up. I stared out the window, it was raining.

I am so bored.

I could text Laurel. No. She's probably working.

Wanda might be free. No, she's probably with Vision.

I could hang out with Natasha. Definitely not.

Then my phone rang again. It was Laurel.

------------------
L- "I'm on break. What are u doing?"
P- "Nothing. Literally."
L- There's a great hotdog stand by the bakery. Wanna come?"
P- "Sure, I'm kinda hungry."
L- "Ok, see you there."
-----------------

I changed from my Quicksilver attire into something more casual. A hoodie and black jeans. I ran outside only to find Wanda kissing the Vision.

"Oh, hello Pietro." Her cheeks got red as the jacket she wore.

"I am going to ignore you kissing an android and keep walking."

"Pietro, wait!"

It was too late, I was already on the elevator. I went down and walked out of the tower. I didn't feel like running anymore. Of all the men in this city, she had to get it on with a robot. How does that even work? I don't even want to know. I walked up to Laurel's bakery and stood outside. She walked out and smiled at my sight.

"Hello, Maximoff." She said, hugging me tightly.

"Woah, that is quite a hug." I smirked.

"I give good hugs. Or so my friends say." She chuckled.

I walked with her towards the hotdog stand, talking about the Star Wars movies.

"I have not seen the prequels." I crossed my arms.

"You haven't? Well you have to see them! But to be honest, nothing beats the originals."

I laughed at her comment, our eyes meeting in the moment. She looked away as we arrived at the stand.

"Here we are! The best hotdogs in the city!" She said, ordering two hotdogs with everything on it. "Here you go, Maximoff." She handed me my hotdog and I took a bite.

"This is good!" I snorted, with my mouth full.

She laughed so hard. She covered her mouth, which made it more cute.

"I told you they were the best hotdogs in the city." She kept eating.

My phone rang, it was a text from Maria Hill.
~~Come to the tower, now.~~

I put my phone away. I wanted to be here with Laurel. The Avengers can take care of whatever Maria texted me for.