Chapter 70 - Epilogue

"Dear Wanda,

These past three months have been like a roller coaster for us. We experienced things that challenged us and our relationship with each other. I had forgotten what it was like to feel happy, truly happy, I mean. That's what you saw missing in me. I wasn't myself ever since Sokovia and I didn't know how to fix that.

But then I met Laurel, and she opened up my heart in a way that I didn't know was possible. I thought my soul was forever tainted with darkness because of Hydra and Ultron, but she showed me compassion and she loved me for who I was underneath, without a single care of what I had done in the past. She made me feel like I was a young Sokovian teenager who had experienced his first love once again. She filled in the gaps in my heart which was torn apart by bullets.

I love you, Wanda, I love you more than anyone, and you're very important to me. You're my sister, and I am grateful for everything you've done for me. We may not always agree on things, but I know I can count on you for anything.

Now, the reason I'm writing this letter is not that simple. Ever since I started dating Laurel, I have had this thought in my mind that I just couldn't brush off. I love her, I love her very much. I'm ninety percent sure she's "the one", but the only way to make sure of that is by focusing on my relationship with her. Solely.

Yes, this does mean that I'm resigning from the Avengers indefinitely. I need to be with her and get to know her better, and I can't do that while running off to missions to who knows where at any given time (I'll be sending Steve a personal letter as well, dictating my resignation and the reason behind it. I know he'll understand).

Laurel is on board with this, and we've found the perfect small house in Amalfi. It's beautiful, Wanda. Seaside view and everything. Sure it costs us a little more than we originally planned to spend, but with Laurel's savings, combined with mine, we were able to make the deal. We're both already looking for jobs, so don't worry about that. Also, you can visit anytime you want. And by anytime, I mean it literally.

You may think this is all going a little bit too quickly, but this is my decision, Wanda. I'm tired of others directing my life and telling me what to do, and what not to do. It's time that I learn to live on my own, and build the life mama and papa wanted me to have. What they wanted us both to have (tell Vision not to get creative).

Tell everyone that I'm going to be okay. They do not have to worry about me. I will keep in contact with you. I'll send postcards or whatever.

So, in conclusion, you are the best twin sister anyone could ever have. We share a bond greater than those of regular twins. I know that you'll be safe, and I want you to know that I'll be safe. Laurel and I, we can protect ourselves. From Hydra, evil robots, or aliens. Who knows, If we ever do decide to return to New York, we may return with little ones running around the place and freezing stuff. Although I'm not sure I'm ready for that.

Your twin brother,
Pietro Django Maximoff.

------------------------------------------------

We boarded the jet and said goodbye to Rome, the ancient city which revealed important things concerning our relationship. Where we snuck into the Colisseum, and Laurel got very drunk, and where we ice skated just like our first "date", I suppose. And where we decided our next step into the future.

"Did you do something different to your hair this morning?" I asked, pushing down the magazine to see Laurel's face.

"I did not actually." She scoffed, returning to the very interesting article.