Chapter 54

"Goodbye, Mrs. Barton." I said, giving her a hug.

"Goodbye, Pietro." She whispered, patting my shoulder.

I stepped outside the porch, looking back at Laura and her children. They still clinged onto her, sadness in their eyes. I waved at them, receiving a small wave from the little girl. I smiled and turned to walk away. Laurel stood in the horizon, waiting for me. I took her hand and we walked towards the Quinjet. Everyone was already on board.

"Turning on the engines, everyone on board?" Tony asked, looking back at us.

"We're all here." Natasha spoke, sitting silently on one corner of the jet.

I slowly got up and slid towards Natasha. She looked up at me with a confused face. I suddenly grabbed her into a tight hug.

"Everything is going to be alright, Natasha." I whispered.

She immediately pushed me away and gulped. She walked away and sat at the back of the plane. Nick told me to let her go, that she wasn't used to people comforting her just yet. Only Clint could've succeded in doing that.

"Well, I tried." I muttered, sitting back down next to Laurel.

"Hey, where are we even going now? We have nowhere to go." Maria asked.

"That's what you think, Hill." Nick smiled, looking out the glass pane.

Surrounded by wilderness sat the new Avengers Headquarters. It was a big, flat building, with many glass panes, Quinjets, and personnel. A crowd of agents stood in the middle, shouting at us. They were actually cheering.

"What is this?" Natasha asked.

"Our new headquarters, Romanoff." Cap said, holding out his hand for her. She stared at it for some time before reaching out and taking it. As the Quinjet slowly landed, the doors opened to reveal us to dozens of agents celebrating. I took hold of Laurel, who was smiling at me.

"Let's go, Avengers." Cap said, walking out of the jet with Natasha.

We descended the ramp and made our way inside the building. The main hall resembled much of the tower, with a meeting table in the center, a sparring mat, a bar, some exercise machines, a computer section and many other facilities. We all stood in awe as Tony gleefully smirked.

"Thank you, Tony, for using your money to fund and build this." He sarcastically said.

"Thank you, Tony." We all spoke in unison.

"Yeah, yeah. All your rooms are down those halls, the kitchen is down those stairs. So, make yourself at home, this'll be our tower for now." He said, walking down some stairs to his lab.

"Uh, Pietro? Can I talk to you for a moment?" Laurel said, tugging at my shirt. We walked down to my room and stepped inside. It was much bigger than the tower room.

"Wow." I stood in amazement. "What did you want to talk about?"

"Um, I can't stay here."

"What do you mean?"

"My life is in New York City, not here." She said, crossing her arms. "My job, my friends, my apartment, my father. Everything is over there."

"What do you propose?"

"Well, I'm not an Avenger. I can't stay here and pretend that I am one." She muttered, biting her lower lip.