Chapter 6

Laurel Williams.

Dark brown hair.

Green eyes.

Soft lips.

Creamy skin.

Pietro, stop it. You can never be with her. She works at a bakery and you're an Avenger. Do the math. It is not possible.

Her beautiful smile.

Her funny laugh.

Pietro, stop.

"Pietro!" Wanda yelled, breaking me out of my trance.

"Huh, what is it?" I rubbed my eyes, and quickly remembered where I was.

"Does this dress look alright?" Wanda was wearing a red dress that ended just above her knees. Strapless dress.

"I do not know, it is not your style." I quickly asserted.

"It is a bit too, what do they call it, "slutty"?

"Yes, sister."

She continued to search through the immense designer store. Sweeping from rack to rack, scanning everything she could. This was apparently for a date with someone. Or something.

"How about this one?"

Now this one was better. It was a black dress, it had straps and it was a little longer than the other.

"I like it, Wanda." I groaned.

"You do not want to be here, am I correct?" She frowned.

"No, it is not that, just tha-"

"Save it, Pietro. I can read your mind you know. Who is Laurel?"

I blanked out. My face pale at her comment.

"She is, um, a girl at the bakery near the Tower."

"Oh, Pietro, from what I have read in your mind, she is not just some girl." She smiled at me, then sat down beside me.

"Ok, you are right, sister. As always. She works at a bakery and she seems nice. You know."

"Pietro. You deserve to be someone, too. Do not think you do not have a chance with her. I mean, look at Thor. He is like a god and his girlfriend is a human astronomer."

I chuckled at her comment, avoiding her piercing gaze.

"Thank you, Wanda." I rested my head on her shoulder, but she quickly stood up.

"Come on, now. I am buying this dress." She changed her clothes and took my hand. We headed to the cashier to buy this awfully expensive dress.

After that, we headed back to the tower for dinner. Thor was going to cook an Asgardian dish. I took a shower and put on a long sleeved t-shirt. That an some dark blue jeans and some vans. I ran my fingers through my hair and ran to the elevator. There, I met up with Cap.

"Hello, Pietro."

"Hey, Cap."

An awkward silence broke out and when the elevator first opened, I was the first one out. Already at the table were Clint, Natasha, and Tony.

"What's up, road runner?" Tony smirked.

"I do not get the sentence."

"It's a cartoon. Never Mind." He frowned.

"Maximoff, come sit." Natasha signaled me to sit in front of her. I obeyed. If Natasha gives you an order, you have to follow it.

Cap arrived and sat next to Natasha, he smiled at her, and she smiled back. That only reminds me of Laurel's smile. Her beautiful smile. If I could choose being with her or being at this dinner, I'd choose Laurel.

Another group of people arrived. This group included my sister. And The Vision. She was holding his arm. They were too close to each other. I ran to her and carried her to the chair next to me.

"Hello, sister."

"Hi, Pietro."

My actions were worthless since Vision sat next to her. Let's just say her attention was to him the entire dinner. Doctor Banner, Sam Wilson, Rhodey and Maria Hill arrived with them. They all sat down and began to chit chat. I was completely silent. Barton was talking to Hill, Natasha to Cap, Banner to Tony and Rhodey, Wanda to Vision, Sam to Cap and Natasha as well. They have had some adventures together. Something about winter. They never actually talk about it.

Everyone was silenced when Thor came in, carrying some delicious-looking plates.

"I have brought the feast!" He proclaimed, before setting the dishes on the table.

After receiving plates, everyone started digging in. But just before the second they did, I grabbed everything I wanted to eat from the plates. I eat a lot. Let's leave it at that. The dinner was full of laughter, good food, and lots and lots of wine. I only ate and ate and ate. Wanda had to slap my wrist to get me to stop. That's the only attention I had from her the whole dinner. I was the first to leave. I was tired since Wanda woke me up to accompany her to buy that dress.

I changed into my night pants, and grabbed my phone. I decided to text Laurel, see what she was up to. It was only 8pm, so why not?

--------------

P- Hello, Miss Williams.

L- Huh, didn't think you'd actually use my number.

P- I am full of surprises. What are you up to?

L- I'm watching RoboCop on Netflix, you?

P- Nothing, literally.

L- Wanna hang out? We could walk through Central Park.

P- Sure, meet you there.

L- Ok, see ya.

------------------

You can't possibly know how happy I am right now.