Chapter 68

For our last night in Rome, I decided to take Laurel to dinner. It would be all on me. You know, Laurel always tried to pay for half of the food, but this time I wouldn't let her spend one penney.

"Maximoff, Pietro?" The kind waitress called

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

"Maximoff, Pietro?" The kind waitress called.

"Yes, that is me." I stood up from the seat, Laurel following my lead. She wore a black dress, with the gold locket I gave her. I wore the silver ring she gave me.

"Right this way, Mr. Maximoff." The woman smiled and lead us to our table, which was at the end of the rooftop restaurant, overlooking the Rome skyline. A sunset dominated the sky, a mixture of red, orange, and pink swirling about.

"This is such a beautiful restaurant." Laurel muttered, gently sitting down.

"Tony recommended it. He has good taste." I smiled, rolling up my sleeves. I wore a platinum dress shirt, with regular black dress pants.

"You can afford this, right?"

"Stop worrying about the price. I got it covered. I am an Avenger."

"You were."

"Well, I have not resigned yet."

"I still don't know how you're going to break it to Wanda." She took a sip of her water, her eyes flickering with the ever growing moonlight.

"She will understand. She always does." I then trailed off, distracted by Laurel's eyes which seemed to penetrate my own. They had turned a dark shade of green, much different from the usual sea green color.

"What's wrong?" She asked, turning back to see if anything was there.

"Nothing. Nothing is wrong." I kept staring, which I might admit, came off as a little creepy.

"Look, I know you're madly in love with me, I mean, who could blame you, but when you look at me with your blue eyes, my legs start to wobble. So please, don't look at me with your eyes."

"Then how else am I supposed to admire your beauty?"

Smooth, Maximoff, smooth.

"In a way that doesn't make me want to scoot over there and kiss you to death?"

"It is my irresistible charm, is it not?"

"Babe, I have a special liking for blue eyes. No matter who they belong to." She smiled. "But yours are different. Yours are... Perfect."

"Enough about me. What about your sea green eyes? Everytime I look into them, yours always seem to penetrate mine. It is like your eyes are the Avengers, and my eyes are Ultron."

Like A Bullet [P.M.]जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें