Chapter 48

The sound of a cape fluttering by my side not only relieved me from death, but made me love Thor even more than I already did. Thor had caught me and Laurel, I repeat, he had caught us. We were literally like five feet from the ground but he caught both of us and we survived.

"This is why you always have backup, Pietro." He grinned, landing us on the roof of a building.

"Oh my god, Thor, thank you!" Laurel exclaimed, throwing herself onto him, kissing him many times on his cheek. I stood, crossing my arms and staring in jealousy.

Laurel released Thor and glanced at me. Her smile widened and she then threw herself upon me, setting her lips on mine, in a desperate need for my love. Our kiss deepened, making our savior, Thor, red with embarrassment. We stopped, staring at him with apologetic expressions on our faces.

"No, please continue. I'll go help Wanda with Katrina." He assured, heading off into the night sky.

My eyes once again met Laurel's, which glimmered in the moonlight. I had to urge to kiss her, but her words prevented me from doing so.

"That was really brave." She said, leaning closer to me.

"What was?" I bit my lip, her hot breath sending shivers down my body.

"All of it." She whispered, crashing her lips onto mine. She enabled me to grab her and spin her around, our lips still pressed together.

"Till death do us apart, huh?" She whispered, briefly releasing herself from the deep kiss.

"I think we moved on from that stage a long time ago." I grinned, placing my arms around her. I stopped, realizing something. "You are cold."

"I don't feel cold." She frowned, setting her sight on her fingertips, which were almost white.

"You are like me now." I said, caressing her cheeks. "Enhanced."

"As long as I'm with you, I really don't care." She placed her hands on my cheeks and kissed me once more. "Let's get down from this rooftop." She cleared her throat, muttering her words.

"Yes, please." I nodded, sweeping her off her feet. I proceeded to run on the side of the building until I got to the ground. I then continued to run to the hospital in which the other Avengers were being hospitalized in. Wanda was there too, accompanied by Thor.

"Sister." I quickly hugged her tightly, her warmness overtaking my coldness.

"Brother." She whispered, burying her face in my chest. She then released, making her way towards Laurel.

"Laurel," she started, a serious tone in her voice "I am so glad you are alive." She then hugged Laurel, shivering but shaking off the discomfort.

"Where are the others?" I asked, placing my hand on Wanda's shoulder.

"They woke up, but they still have major burns on their skin." Wanda stated. "They have been assigned rooms as well."

"Good." I nodded. "Have you told Nat-"

"No."

"What about To-"

"Not yet." Wanda took a step back, standing beside Thor. "We will tell them when Rhodey and Clint's bodies are available for display." She cleared her throat, trying to keep her emotions from bursting out. "They will want to see for themselves."

"Wanda, we have to tell them now. We must."

"We cannot, Pietro. It will kill them." Wanda crossed her arms.

"Well, if you two are not going to tell, them I am." I took hold of Laurel's hand and brushed between Wanda and Thor. I could hear Wanda sighing, but I didn't care. I made my way to a nurse and asked her for Tony's room. Then, I slowly creeped open the door to his room, startling Pepper.