Chapter 58

{Pietro and Laurel's official song is Perfect by One Direction}
-----------------

"Do you have everything packed?" I asked, setting my suitcase by the door.

"Almost!" Laurel yelled. She came out of the bedroom after five minutes. I was surprised to see her with only one suitcase. A suitcase smaller than mine.

"Um..."

"My father is having a closet full of new clothes flown to the hotels. No need to bring a lot of clothes."

"Alrighty then. Shall I call a cab or...?" As soon as I spoke the last word, a beeping sound came through the window. I rushed over there to see what it was when I found a slick, black limo waiting for us.

"Limo's here?" Laurel asked, getting her bag and her suitcase.

"Yup." I smiled and went for the door. "After you." Laurel smiled at me as she walked through the door. I followed and we were at the lobby in under five minutes. We wen outside to the cold, New York City air, and we were greeted by the driver.

"Good morning, Miss Williams. Good morning, Mister Maximoff." He gave us a warm smile before taking our suitcases from our hands. As I got in the car, Laurel immediately jumped and ran back into the apartment. The driver gave me a questioning look but I just shrugged my shoulders. She came back with her hand in a fist. She was holding something.

"Forgot my locket." She opened her hand to show what I had given her for Christmas. I chuckled and got in the car. Laurel placed the locket around her neck and laid back. The driver looked back at us and smiled.

"Young love. I hope the best for you two."

"Thank you." Laurel muttered, clinging onto me.

"Tired?"

"Are you kidding? I'm freaking excited!" She jumped up of excitement. "We're going to Rome! And beautiful Italian beaches!" She squealed and placed her chin on the window. "But that doesn't mean I'll miss my city."

"Cheer up. In a couple of hours, we'll be walking around the Colisseum, and through the Trevi Fountain..."

"You seem to have done some research."

"I am European."

"True." Laurel dozed off. "I hope we eat pizza."

"Authentic Italian pizza, huh?" My taste buds started tingling, desiring the sweet taste of what is pizza. I had only tried it for the first time a month ago, but it was a life changing experience. Literally.

"Oh, yes... And some pasta... Wait, what were we talking about?" Laurel laughed and snuggled herself under my arm. "We'll be okay, right?"

"Of course, why would you think otherwise?" I sat up, shifting my gaze to Laurel's face.

"Well, with my powers..." She whispered.

"Do not worry. You can control them. I know you can."

"Let's hope."

"Laurel, you have managed to keep them under control up until now. What makes you think you will stop?"

"Things change, Pietro. One of these days, I will stop controlling them. I will explode. I just don't want anyone to be around when I do."

"Stop." I pulled her into my arms. "I believe in you, Laurel. Why can you not?"

"It's not that... Forget it."

"Do not be stubborn."

"I'm not being stubborn."

"You kinda are."