Chapter 15

When we entered, I realized it was a lot different than an Avengers party. There were people drinking and dancing everywhere. I saw people heading upstairs to do, god knows what. For once in my life, I was nervous.

"So, I'm gonna go meet with my friend, tell her we're here. Can you go get a drink?" She asked, putting her chin on my shoulder.

"Okay, be careful." I let go of her and went towards the food table. There were a lot of snacks, my eyes were in love. I ate a couple of delicious crackers, and I went to the bar and grabbed two beers. I looked around to see if I could find Laurel. I spotted her over at the kitchen, talking to a woman.

"Hey, here you go." I said, handing her the drink.

"Pietro, meet Katy, she's my coworker." Laurel said, glancing at me, and then at Katy.

I waved at her, as she looked at me, all of me.

"You got yourself a cute one, Laurel." She smirked.

"Yeah, I do, don't I?" Laurel laughed.

I blushed.

"Well, I gotta handle somethings upstairs, make yourselves at home." Katy said, before leaving the both of us behind.

Laurel looked at me and took my hand. She guided me through the crowd and we made it to the dance floor. She started dancing beside me. I swayed, but then she urged me to dance correctly. So I smirked and started dancing for real. The music roared through the speakers and we danced to it all night. We got up close and I gulped.

"Nervous, Maximoff?" She smirked, putting her arms around my neck.

"Only if you are." I grabbed her waist.

Then it happened. The DJ saw us and put slow music on. I looked around as couples started pairing up. I let go of Laurel and bowed.

"May I have this dance, Miss Williams?" I looked up at her.

"Why, of course you may." She took my hand and we got in position. I put my arms around her waist and she put her arms around my neck. Wanda didn't show me like this. This was more close. Things change. And this is America. We swayed from side to side. She smiled at me, and I smiled back. Her beautiful smile. She leaned in and put her head on my shoulder. A thought came to my mind. She might be falling for me too.

"Maximoff, where'd you learn how to dance?" She whispered.

"My sister taught me."

She chuckled.

"I'm really glad I met you." She said, with a serious tone.

"Me too."