Chapter 52

"Well that was a complete disaster." Laurel spoke as we entered the apartment.

"It was not that bad. The food was good." I smiled, trying to look as appreciative as possible.

"I'm not joking, Pietro."

"Neither am I."

She frowned at me, taking off her earrings.

"I'm gonna go take a shower to get this stench off of me."

"May I join you?" I smirked.

"Not today, Pietro." She said, walking to the bedroom.

I sighed, threw myself on the couch and took my phone out of my pocket. I had three missed calls from Wanda. Wonder what she wanted. I decided to call her back. At this late hour, she surprisingly answered.

"Hello?"

"Wanda, hi, you called?"

"It was just to remind you about Clint's funeral. Be there, Pietro."

"I will. It is today, right?" I said, looking at my watch, 1:34 am showing on it.

"Yes, Laura said you do not have to fancy up. Only close friends and family are coming."

"Got it. I think I have had enough of tuxes anyway."

"Alright, Pietro. Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Wanda." I said, hanging up the phone.

After I put my phone away, I noticed a white smoke coming out of the bedroom. I slowly stood, curiousity getting the best of me. I walked towards the door, slowly and quietly. I knocked.

"Laurel? Is everything alright?" I asked, grabbing the door handle.

"Yep, everything's okay!" She yelled.

"Are you sure? There is white smoke coming out of the room." I got serious.

"You're seeing things!"

"I am not, Laurel. Open the door, please."

"Just a second!"

"Laurel!"

"Wait!"

I quickly burst through the door, a gust of cold wind hitting my face. I found the whole room covered in frost and Laurel standing in the center, her hands white as snow.

"Laurel..."

"It just happened. I got really anxious about my father and then... This."

"Well then, I think I know what triggers your powers now." I said, slowly walking towards her.

"You do?" Laurel raised an eyebrow.

"High emotion. In this case, it was anxiety." I took hold of her and held her hand tightly.

"I think you're right." She whispered. "This is a nightmare."

"Not if you can control it. You just have to keep your emotions stabilized. Do not get too excited, or very anxious, or very angry. Just stay calm. Breathe and steady yourself. Alright?" I smiled, cupping her face with my hands.