Chapter 11

I called Laurel. The voicemail came up. Ok. I called her again. Nothing. She should be off work. I call again. Again with the voicemail. Ok, I might be getting nervous. I call again. She doesn't pick up, damn it. What if HYDRA already got to her. Oh no. I decide to call again. Nothing. Ok, that is it. If only I knew where she was. Suddenly, my phone rang.

"I'm sorry, Pietro. I was in the bathroom and my phone was vibrating." Her voice said.

"It is ok. You got me worried for a moment."

"I can handle myself. I've had self defense classes. It's good to have a way to protect yourself in a city like this."

"You do not have to worry," I smiled, "while I'm around, you will be safe."

"Um, ok. Look, I have to go to a reunion at work. Catch you later?"

"Yes, of course. Be safe."

"Yes, Pietro. Bye."

She hung up, before I did. Phew. That's one thing less to worry about. At least she can defend herself against common criminals. At least.

I threw myself in my bed. Why am I so tired? Then, a knock came from my door.

"Maximoff, are you dressed?" Natasha called from outside.

"Uh, yes." I raised an eyebrow, while she entered the room.

"Remember Tony's party tonight. Gotta get fancied up."

"That is tonight?" I put my hands on my face and yawned.

"Just, put on your best suit." She left.

I searched my closet for something formal. Most of what I had were hoodies, jeans, and shirts. I only had like, two suits. A grey one and a black one. Let's go with grey. I took a shower and shaved. Not so much, because Laurel likes the scruff. Don't know why. She says it makes me look more mature. I put on a black dress shirt. I didn't bother to button up the jacket. And I wore jeans instead of dress pants. Yup. I ran my fingers through my hair and put on cologne. Ok, that took me about twenty minutes. The party starts in an hour. What know? I could watch TV. But, nothing good is on anymore. I could text Laurel. She's in that meeting. Eh, what the heck, I'll help out in the kitchen. I ran to the elevator, only to be joined by Vision.

"Hello, Pietro." His robot voice annoyed me sometimes.

I said nothing. I didn't bother to look at him either.

"Pietro, we need to talk. About me and your sister."

"Does it look like I want to take about that."

"Do you how hard it is for an android to find love?"

"No. And I do not care."

"Your sister understands me. And she doesn't care who or what I am." He smiled.

"Aw. That is cute. Not."

"Pietro. I'm serious."

"So am I," the elevator door opened, "I seriously do not give a shit about you and Wanda." With that I ran out, immediately regretting what I just said.

Why the hell did I just say that? If Wanda finds out I talked to him like that, she'll hate my guts. I considered running back and apologizing, but I didn't. I entered the kitchen, only to find Wanda helping out as well.

"Hello, sister." I said, nervously.

"What did you do?" She smirked, washing the kitchen utensils with her powers.

"Nothing, wh-why do you say that?" I stuttered. I freaking stuttered.

"You just stuttered, Pietro. Tell me what happened before I find out myself." She frowned.

"I, um, I..."

"Hello, Wanda." Vision interrupted, thank god.

"Hi. Are you going to help out too? Chef Mandy needs help with the fried shrimp." Wanda smiled at him. She didn't know yet. Good.

"No, I came to ask if you'd like to accompany me to the lobby. The guests are arriving and we should greet them when they do." Vision glanced at me before setting his eyes on Wanda again.

"Um, sure let us go. Pietro, help out here, all right?" She looked at me.

"Yes, yes, of course." I gulped.

They left the room, and I let out the biggest sigh you could think of.