Chapter 55

"Can I speak with you privately, please?" I sympathetically asked.

"Sure, I am about to say some things Laurel is not going to like anyway."

I took Wanda by her wrist and led us outside. The newly mowed lawn beneath us was squished as both me and Wanda stomped on it.

"So, Pietro, planning another trip without telling me?"

"I was going to tell you."

"Yes, after returning four days afterwards with your head brainwashed?"

"Wait, are you mad at me for not telling you about my trip with Laurel?"

"Of course I am, Pietro! You left without telling me or the Avengers! And now you are doing it again!"

"Well I am sorry, you were too busy Avenging that I could not reach you."

"Have you ever heard of a phone? Or has Laurel made you forget that too?"

"Wait a minute, do not drag Laurel into this. You will respect her."

"Ever since she came into your life she has been distracting you from everyone else. What happened to the man that wanted to save people because no one had saved him? What happened to the man who devoted his life to helping people, and always finishing the mission if it guaranteed someone's safety?"

"Oh please, Laurel has done nothing but bring me happiness and love. Something that I had never gotten besides from you."

"You left, Pietro. You did not leave a phone call, a message, nothing. You packed up and left. When I got back from the mission, I did not find you, and I was worried sick because I did not sense you either. Am I the one to blame here? Am I the wrong one here?"

"I-"

"While you were busy screwing Laurel and having a honeymoon or whatever, I was looking for you because you did not bother telling me anything. I was worried sick and you did not even care. So, were you planning on doing that again? Or were you going to tell me before you boarded that plane and left for two weeks? Huh?"

"Wanda, she loves me and I love her. You cannot deny me that. Just like you have replaced me with Vision, I have replaced you with Laurel.

"Vision has not taken me from my responsibilities or my friends or my family! Has Laurel done that? Yes! You never leave her side, you put aside your responsibilities as an Avenger to be with her, and at the same time you put yourself inside of her, you leave me panicking over where you are and what has become of you."

"You are being over dramatic, Wanda. Always have been. You take any situation and turn it against me like I am always the one to blame. You have no idea what I have gone through, Wanda."

"Do you have any idea what I have gone through, Pietro?!" The ground started to shake. "Do you have any idea what it is to feel someone die and then to wonder if that same person has died again?! Do you, Pietro?!"

"Wanda, calm down-"

"No! You left for almost five days and when you returned, you returned an awful monster that I did not recognize! A monster that I had no idea what had crawled under their skin and taken over their mind! Have you ever stopped to think what I might be going through?! You think just because you 'died' and a part of you stayed in Sokovia that it excuses you from the rest of us who are going through harder times than you could ever imagine!"

"I do not need you lecturing me on how I am not the only one suffering because I know that I am not the only one. I know that others have or are going through things that are much worse than what I have gone through. But, that does not mean you, you of all people, get to shame me and pass me as someone who has not gone through anything painful. You know that I have. Laurel, she has helped me get past that, and whether you like it or not, she is my everything right now, and you are goddamn right if you think she has my heart. So stop, stop blaming her, stop lecturing me, and stop thinking you are the one who knows it all, because you are not."

"Fine." She took a deep sigh. "Board the plane. Leave for two weeks. Make sweet, raw love to Laurel. Marry her, why not. But know that not only are you leaving behind your friends, your responsibilities, and your teammates, but you are also leaving your sister." She walked past me, but turned to face me one final time. "We are all we will ever need. I used to think that all the time back in Sokovia. Things change, I guess."

I saw her misty, red energy disappear into the building. I threw myself to the ground, staring into the sunset sky. Pink, orange, and red were splattered all over the sky. They were mixed together. But once the sun settled, and the moon rised, they would be gone. My relationship with Wanda is like that. Most of the time, we are orange and red, together and mixed, but occasionally, we disappear, and we don't mend things very quickly. I guess what I'm trying to say is that, this will take time. Wanda won't forgive me, and I won't forgive her. My ego won't let me. We won't talk to each other. We won't bare each other's presence. But as time passes, we'll learn to coexist once again. Or atleast try to.

I ran inside as it got dark, different agents stood guard outside as defense mechanisms appeared from the ground. I made it to my room, only to find Laurel sleeping on the bed. Wanda hasn't gotten to her. Yet. I took a quick shower and changed quickly. I wrapped myself under the covers and stared at Laurel. She looked so peaceful. My fingers made their way to her face, slightly stroking her cheeks. Her eyelids moved, gently opening to show those flickering eyes that got me all warm and fuzzy whenever I saw them.

"How'd it go?" She whispered, stroking my shoulder.

"Wanda will not speak to me for several days, maybe weeks, depends if I board that plane with you or not."

"Hey, the least I want to do is create a rift between you and Wanda."

"Well, she does not believe that. She thinks you have only been a distraction for me, for what I am supposed to do."

"Do you agree with her?"

"Of course." I smiled. "Kidding. When I look at you, I never see regret. I have never regretted meeting you and you know that."

"Listen, if you think that if you going on that trip can damage your relationship with your sister, don't go. Nothing is more important than family. She still needs you, and you still need her. You are irreplaceable."

"Irreplaceable?" I squinted. "Did you eavesdrop on us, Elizabeth Laurel?"

She smirked. "No. I just merely, happened to walk by very slowly."

"Oh, huh. Does that not count as eavesdropping? I think it does."

"I don't think so." She smiled, setting her hand on my chest. "You have to make a choice, Pietro. Wanda and I can't make it for you. No one can."

"Leave with you to an exhilarating trip to Italy that could benefit our relationship amazingly, or stay behind to spend time with my sister and the Avengers, regaining Wanda's love and trust."

"That's quite the decision you have to make, Mr. Maximoff."

"I will think it over. Goodnight, Laurel." I placed a kiss on her forehead and wrapped my arms around her.

"Goodnight, Pietro."