Chapter 62

A loud rumbling immediately woke me from my deep slumber. I looked to my side to see Laurel still sleeping. I got to the window in a second and saw the jet landing on a runway. An airport was visible in the distance, and other commercial airplanes.

Laurel came beside me and wrapped her arms around my bare body. She snuck under my arm and rested her head on my chest. The room was dark, and the only light was coming from the outside.

Aaron came in and immediately blushed at my presence. He looked down and mumbled something I could not understand.

"The, uh, um, the jet will be stopping soon." He then zoomed into the staff room before either one of us could respond.

"I think he likes you." Laurel smirked, putting her shoes on.

"Really?"

"Yup."

I searched for my shirt, which was discared on the floor and slid it on. Then I placed my shoes on, and then my hoodie.

"It is going to be a bit cold." I said, reaching for Laurel's jacket.

"We hopped from a cold place to another slightly less cold place. Yay." Laurel took the jacket from my hand and zipped it up. We lowered our suitcases from the cabinets above and cleaned up the room as much as we could. All we could do now was wait until the jet came to a complete stop.

After about five minutes, Aaron came in and told us we could leave the jet and he wished us a beautiful trip.

"Thanks, Aaron." Laurel said, walking past him.

"Thank you." I muttered, avoiding his stare.

We made it outside and found it not so cold as we are used to in New York. It was breezy, and fresh. The sky was a beautiful shade of blue. I missed the European sky. I missed the European air. I just missed Europe.

"This way!" A man shouted at us, waiting for us beside a slick, black car. We walked towards him and handed him our luggage. He placed it in the trunk and then sat in the driver's seat.

"May I see some identification?" I asked, remembering our last encounter with a personal driver.

"Uh, sure. I work for the Italian division of Stark Industries." He took out his wallet and showed us his valid ID. I nodded and he proceeded to start the car and drive towards the hotel.

We looked outside the window and marveled at the italian houses and buildings. After ten minutes of driving, we came upon the Roman Colisseum and we stayed in shock at it's grandeur and beauty. I lowered the window to take in the scenery and Laurel wedged her head beside mine to take in the scenery as well.

We then reached the Grand Hotel de la Minerve. We got out of the car and took our luggage from the driver. Laurel gave him five dollars as a tip. I then gave him five more. He quickly tapped my shoulder as I turned and gave me his number in case we needed a drive to anywhere. I then thanked him and I turned to enter the hotel lobby. It was truly magnificent. The ceiling had beautiful glass panes, with different colors. Beautiful doors and columns also adorned the room. This hotel could not be more perfect.

"Okay, I'm gonna check us in, you stay here and keep watch on the luggage. Got it?" Laurel ordered, releasing her suitcase and passing it over to me.

"Yes, darling." I whispered, making her smirk.

"Don't get too cocky."

"Do not pretend that you do not like it."

She scoffed and walked away to the front desk. I sat down in the linen sofa and began tapping a beat.

Unexpectedly, a young woman approached me and sat beside me. She would repeatedly take a quick glance at me before returning to her phone. It got real uncomfortable, real quick. She then got closer, making the awkwardness levels rise even more. I tried to move, but then I realized I was at the corner of the sofa. I had no other choice but to stand up and face her.

"What are you doing?"

"Me?" She said, acting all oblivious.

"Yes, you. You have been getting far too close to me."

"Sorry. You're cute." She stood up and walked towards me, smirking.

"Look-"

"Don't talk." She brought her hand to my waist, biting her lip to seem attractive.

I carefully removed her hand and glanced at Laurel talking with the desk person.

"Look, I have a special someone in my life, so I would very much appreciate if you would not touch me, flirt with me, or do anything that might anger that someone."

"Whatever you say, babe. See you around." She drew her hand to my chest and slowly caressed it as she walked away. I gulped down and turned to face Laurel right in front of me.

"Hey!" I said, trying to not sound suspicious.

"Hey... I got our room key, let's go." She took her luggage back and lead the way. I sighed, following her.

We went up to the last floor and walked down the hallway to our superior double room. Laurel entered the keycard and the door beeped. She slowly pushed it open and revealed not only a spectacular room, but a marvelous view out to the city.

"This, this is amazing!" Laurel walked out to the balcony and took in the fresh, morning air.

"Stark and Wanda really went all out." I studied the whole room, admiring everything that caught my eye.

"And we will thank them when we get back. But right now, let's enjoy the two weeks we have together. Alone." She made her way to me and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Oh, I am going enjoy these two weeks." I hoisted her up and threw her onto the bed. "I am going to enjoy them very well."

"I bet you are." She managed to say before I crashed my lips onto hers. Her sweet lips tasted like cherry, and I savored every last bit. She slid her tongue inside my mouth, battling for dominance. I didn't allow it and quickly slid mine into hers. She released from my kiss only to allow me to kiss her jawline and her neck. I sucked on, leaving red marks, while she tugged at the collar of my shirt. I denied her request, biting her skin and making her gasp.

"Stop teasing." She whispered, grabbing my roots with her fingertips.

"Someone is not being patient." I replied, returning my lips to her collarbone.

"Well, I'm starving."

I stopped.

"Me too."

"Well."

"Continue later?"

"Yeah."