Chapter 16

We danced all night. Swaying, jumping, clapping, moving. It was fun. It was the most fun I've had. She laughed and smiled, I grinned and laughed with her. We left at almost 1am. She told me to drop her off at her apartment in the Bronx. We listened to Walk the Moon in the car. Her favorite song was "Shut Up and Dance". She told me to keep playing it. We arrived at her apartment. She asked me to walk her to her door.

"I had a really great time, Pietro. Thank you." She smiled, hugging me afterwards.

"I had quite the time myself." I whispered, hugging her tightly.

She released, and we looked into each other's eyes. I leaned in, to kiss her on the cheek. She smiled, and waved goodbye. She was going to enter the apartment, when I grabbed her arm and kissed her. We stayed for 6 seconds before she released.

"Pietro... This. It's happening too fast." She frowned.

"I am sorry. I did not mean-"

She entered her apartment and closed the door. I stood there, looking to the floor. It was happening to fast. She's right. I should've just kissed her on the cheek and left. But, no, I had to take things quickly. Like I take everything. I ran outside and got in the car. I managed to get to the Tower, but by keeping my gaze on it until I found my way there. I parked it in the garage and ran to my room. I went to sleep like that. Party clothes and all. Sweaty and smelling like alcohol. It was a good sleep, though.

--------------

"Pietro, wake up!" I heard a familiar voice yelling, and moving me around.

"...what?"

"Pietro!" She yelled, slapping my face.

"I am up!" I got up, rubbing my eyes. It was Wanda.

"How did it go?" She asked, smiling.

"Great. Until I kissed her." I groaned, my eyes still shut.

"You kissed her." She covered her mouth.

"She pulled away. Said I was taking things too fast."

"That is your specialty." She tilted her head.

"I messed up."

She told me to take a shower because I smelled horrible. She was making her homemade waffles. It was 9am. Who wakes up at this hour? I took a shower and changed into a t-shirt and sweatpants. Then I ran to the kitchen.

"Normal waffles? Or blueberry?" She asked. I loved blueberries, and I loved waffles. Mixing the two would result in heaven for me. She handed me a plate, with a glass of lemonade.

"Thank you, sister." I smiled, taking a bite of my waffles.

"You need advice. Relationship advice." She said, taking a sip from my lemonade.

"That is mine, you know." I said, taking the drink back.

"You need to take things slow for once. Do not be Quicksilver. Just be the Pietro you were before HYDRA."

"If I recall well, HYDRA only gave me powers, it did not change me. I always took everything quickly."

"If you want to have a relationship with Laurel, you cannot take things fast. It will just drive her away."

"Says the girl dating a robot." That earned me a hit on the head.

"First, rude, and second, you should start by apologizing for your actions."

"To you or to Laurel?" I chuckled.

"Laurel." She said, leaving the room.

I was left pondering her words, and eating my waffles. I sent Laurel a text message but she didn't answer. I apologized to her. She didn't answer. Then I thought, if I would apologize, it'd have to be in person. It was Monday. Ugh.