Those memories put in perspective just how long I had not only lived here, but how my life has changed, in the best way. 

My mom helped me unpack while I fed Owen from my couch, instead of a shaky airplane.

"Do you mind if I talk to Rob tomorrow?" I said as my mom was just about to leave to go back to her apartment. "I want to get some rest, but I want to see him as soon as possible."

I think my mom was taken aback by my request because she froze with her hand on the door handle.

"Um, sure," she said, getting her thoughts together. "We can come by when he gets back from work tomorrow."

I smiled. "That would be great."

My mom came over to give me and Owen a kiss before she left.

"Thanks for everything you've done for me," I said in a peaceful tone of voice.

"It was my pleasure, I wanted to see my grandson and every-"

"Not just that," I interrupted. "Everything you've ever done for me. I know it hasn't been easy, but here I am. And I couldn't be more thankful."

My mom smiled down at me from the couch, and there was a genuine look in her eyes.

"I haven't been the most supportive of you moving on, but I think it's time," I added. "And I need to move on to. It's the beginning of a whole new life for our family."

My mom rubbed my shoulders and then turned to leave. 

"Love you," she said before she left. "I'll be back tomorrow."

The door slam shut behind her, and it was just Owen and I again.

Not only was I exhausted, but I was also jet-lagged. Owen couldn't tell the difference between day and night, and I couldn't either.

I tried to catch small naps in between feedings, but I knew I would never be able to get my body back on a sleeping schedule if I didn't give myself a solid sleeping time.

I walked over to Owen's room to put Owen down for a nap, and I noticed it was just as I left it. His room smelt of fresh diapers and baby powder, so fresh. I loved that smell. The sailboats and decorations on the wall were straight and had been empty for so long. 

"Ready for your first nap in your own crib?" I said to Owen as I lay him down. He squirmed in his crib until he got comfortable, and I watched with loving eyes. He would only be this little for so long, time flies.

"I hope you like your room," I said again. I set up the baby monitor and made sure it was working, and then once he was sleeping, I went out back to the main room to turn the other monitor on. 

I noticed that my mom set up the keyboard that Niall got me for my birthday that must have been with my luggage. I put Owen down for a nap and eagerly began to play.

Niall had told me that they were going to start the writing process for album five once they were on break, so I decided to see if I could try out any chords or melodies for when we hit the studio.

About forty minutes later, I heard Owen crying, and it was back to feeding time. This kid had only been alive for a few days, and he had already had more meals than I've had this week. There would be many more.

As I sat down on the couch, I turned on the TV to the Masters Golf Tournament to see if I could spot Niall. I sat through ten minutes of boringness before I saw Rory Mcilroy, and Niall followed closely behind.

"There's daddy!" I exclaimed, looking at the screen. Owen had no comprehending skills. 

I found it funny that I had just seen him yesterday at the hospital, and there he was on a screen. He looked so happy. Maybe it was because he was golfing with his idol, or maybe it was because he was a new dad. 

Probably both.

I felt like I was part of a secret club, being one of the few people that knew about one of the real reasons he was bursting with excitement. I couldn't have been more proud of him, being on that golf course.

Even though I didn't know that much about golf, I knew it had to be a privilege to caddy for the best golfer in the world.

An interview began to play on the TV screen, and Niall was walking to the camera and he tripped. 

I couldn't help but burst out laughing.

He must have been so nervous, being with Rory. He mustn't had seen where he was going, and came tumbling down. 

To make things even more funnier, the interviewer said "Oh no Niall!" like he was a baby.

Niall got back up on his feet, but the words that the interviewer had said were a meme by the next time I logged onto twitter, after putting Owen back to sleep. 

N/A

Thanks for reading! I will try to continue to update as much as possible because you guys deserve it (:

Please keep voting, reading, and commenting- I love to hear what you think!

X