Fears

I had listened to everything that Azef or at least Seiryu had just told me and I felt really uncomfortable... damn my parents were really real vultures but hey they acted out of pure revenge too.

"SO???"  I asked to quickly change the subject,

“So you’re just going to meet your future husbands.”  Azef responded promptly and I sighed.  I felt a lot of pressure.

" How are they ?"

“They are fragile beings, they have had trauma since their birth and the fact that we lose you in each of your reincarnations does not help... It has been going on for centuries and obviously, one of  between us has lost his mind… I want to talk about Byakko in this way, his hatred for humankind is visceral.”

“And I agree with him.”  After listening to this story, I can only say the same.

We got up before getting dressed, it must have been 1pm by now and I needed to get my plan in place.

So we were heading back towards the mansion, my mind still confused by the recent discoveries.

It wasn't so much that I was bothered by this fact, no, I rather found the situation advantageous.

Honestly, how can I not be happy when I now have the opportunity, with such exceptional people by my side, to achieve everything I have in mind?

No, I'm immensely happy about that, the only rather complex aspect of this story is that I'm going to have fun with deities, just that...  You could say that I too am a divine being but for now, I feel more than human.

I sighed, this was not the time to ask questions or have qualms.  I just have to take advantage of the opportunity that was given to me, that's all.

I was behind Azef who was galloping in simple trots, the pace different from the outward journey where we seemed in too much of a hurry.

“Mylene?”

I jumped when I heard my name and instantly looked up at Azef who had stopped and was now looking at me with sad eyes.

“Azef?”

I called out to him, almost whispering his name in a whisper as the wind carried my words away.

I couldn't quite gauge Azef's expression, maybe he was sad?  I couldn't say it perfectly but what I knew deep down was that I didn't like seeing him with such a defeated face.  It caused me a pain in my chest that made me feel like I was suffocating.

“Mylène... are you sad to know who I am?  Are you disappointed?  Would you rather like I be a normal human?”

The tone of his voice was almost pleading, it sounded like he was about to break but at the same time he sounded impatient as if the answer I would give him would be the most important of his life.
I thought for a moment about the best answer, I didn't want to give him the impression that his nature was just a good opportunity for me to rise socially or that I just wanted to use him.

No, I wanted him to know that I am certainly happy with this outcome but that I love him deeply and that even if I will undoubtedly use him in my plans, it will never be as an object or as what I  do with Frederik and Aaron.  No, in the same way I will need him in the future, I will cherish and protect him too.

“I'd be lying to you if I told you I wasn't surprised and even now, I'm still surprised.  I don't believe the reality that is now mine... but you are wrong when you say that I am sad or disappointed... I am going to be a bit like these humans who are by nature what you and the others  sacred beasts do not like... but I am happy to have beings for me who can help me except that I am not going to use you so vulgarly no... I need your help it's true  but I certainly haven't met the others yet and I don't know what they are like, what I know is that I really love you Azef and it's real, this love will always prevent me from treating you  like a common object…”

Azef smiled before sighing as if he had been holding his breath all this time.  It made him feel good to hear that from Mylène and although it might not seem like it, he was definitely panicked that Mylène would be scared or reluctant to keep him now.

They have continued to lose the heirs of the light because of humans and their ambitions, there is no longer any question of this happening...he will not let any human take Mylène from them no matter how...

He made a slight grin, his eyebrows furrowing slightly, he really won't leave any human, especially these two imbeciles who are hovering around her, Mylène belongs to them and has for centuries.

“Mylène, you are ours.”