Marion's birthday

The Solsten home was more than bright as the Hosten children got out of their car decked out in their finery.

Gabrielle had worn the magnificent dress that Frederik had bought her and had also taken the opportunity to put on some jewelry that he had given her at the start of their relationship.  She wanted to look perfect for him, she wanted him to know that she was all his tonight.

Her brothers were simply dressed but they were still so chic and charming.  And her mother had made the effort not to embarrass her, that was already great.

She felt like a princess tonight and she was going to spend the evening with her prince.

Maybe they would finally move up a gear, and he was going to kiss her, she had been waiting for this for so long.

They walked towards the entrance. The cold of this period did not allow them to vegetate in the external gardens so they had to enter;  especially since the party seemed to be in full swing inside.

The light outside had nothing to do with the light inside.  It was so dazzling, the silver decorations, the chandeliers, and the cutlery gave the room a fairytale effect, the floor was shiny and the ceiling sparkled with a thousand lights, there was a whole flower bed around the windows and the more extravagant was the fountain in the middle of the room whose statue represented none other than that day's host: Marion De Solsten.

She had not hesitated to put the small dishes in the big ones, one could say.

Many guests had arrived but the host did not.  Regardless, Gabrielle wasn't there for her but for her brother who arrived shortly after them.

He was divine...she couldn't take her eyes off him, his posture, his nobility, and his beautiful face.

He had brushed his hair back accentuating the fine features of his face, she heard gasps, the eyes of many women unable to turn away from him.

She couldn't blame them.  Frederik De Solsten was among the most handsome men in the kingdom and this magnificent man was her fiancé, she could only boast about it.

She went to meet him, wanting to show off to his company as soon as possible and see the envious and defeated faces of the other girls in the room.  Her brothers, meanwhile, separated from their mother-in-law to greet a few people they had recognized.

Gabrielle stopped in front of Frederik and gave him her most charming smile but the latter didn't even react, paying her no compliments.

Frederik looked at this dress he had bought especially for Mylène having found it breathtaking the first time he had seen it, but there, he found it rather common without too much.  Just a borderline tasteless dress.

To say that it is the content that counts even if the container is exceptional, if what is inside is tasteless the mixture will be a complete mess.

He knew that if Mylène had worn this dress, it would be magnificent and would honor the designer of the garment.

"Lord Frederick?"

He looked at Gabrielle's and for a moment, he wanted to have Mylène's magnificent golden eyes in front of him... Damn, he would kiss her passionately before taking her to a private place where he doesn't even dare to think of the things he would do to her.

"Excuse me, Lady Gabrielle, I have to go somewhere."

Without waiting for Gabrielle to answer, Frederik had already left her, leaving her to tighten her dress to the point of almost ruining it.  Her eyes were red with anger and her jaw was so clenched it could have snapped, he had gone cold with her again.

Frederik walked down the hall wondering what Mylène could do.  He wanted to see her, but he couldn't just leave his sister's party and end up at the Hosten mansion without warning just because his urges couldn't be curbed.

Stupid.

He walked in the night now wondering where his sister was, she was the host and she wasn't there.  Not to mention the second prince who was also missing.

Could it be that this asshole didn't come because of Mylène?  He didn't want to imagine that he had to share the pain of her absence with this bad guy too.

He went to his sister's apartments, the corridor leading there being dark and silent.  Only his footsteps were heard and finally, he found her...he found her but she was not alone, the second prince was also there and worse they seemed to be arguing.

He leaned against the wall to find out what split them and above all to reassure himself that this asshole wasn't going to admit to his sister that he was in love with Mylène;  otherwise, he knows Marion would make Mylène's life hell.

"Your Highness I don't understand. I heard you sent her a dress, why?"

"Do I have to tell you everything I do and give you the reasons why?

Marion flinched at the tone and lowered her face.

"It just...it hurt me...you know how much I love you and...."

"Lady Marion, I told you though. We have no commitments. I started flirting with you out of sheer curiosity but now I think I'll stop. You took my interest in you as a form of  commitment and I don't want anyone to misunderstand us."

"Wait your Highness, I apologize for trying to watch you, it's just…I love you and I'm not happy when you show as much interest in another woman."

" That's what I was saying earlier. It's getting a bit complicated. We should stop seeing each other because you're already showing signs of jealousy and it's not ideal for us. I discussed with your father and it seems to me that you are promised to the Duke of Venstein. I wish you a good evening and a happy birthday. If you will excuse me."

"Wait...your Highness...I was wrong, I beg your pardon...please..."

"Lady Marion, it is better that you stop this because it is not worthy of a Lady of your rank"

Aaron was disgusted.  He didn't like desperate women who clung to him like they had some kind of commitment, it pissed him off.

" A night."

" Pardon?"

"Your Highness, spend a night with me, please."