The servants despise Mylène.

After taking her order, Fancy left for the kitchens of the manor to find the maids busy preparing lunch for the duke.

"Ah, Fancy, what are you doing here?"

A servant asked to see her enter and Fancy just nodded before walking over to a drawer.

"You haven't had anything to do for a while. The monster gives you a lot of freedom it seems."

Another servant spoke as Fancy paused at her sentence.
She winced at this name but quickly calmed down.  She had to not react to be able to follow her mistress's plan to the letter.  And unfortunately, to do that, she had to keep pretending to despise her like the others.

"Ah, I'm not telling you how wrong you are... I'm not on a break, you see."  Fancy forced a smile before sighing, telling herself inwardly not to take it.  One day soon, these filthy bitches will regret it, she has full confidence in her mistress to reserve a punishment worthy of their contempt.  She huffed before adding.

"She asked me to bring her some sugar for her bath...I don't understand since when do we bathe with sugar?"

She finished by going to open the cupboard where the sugar is before grabbing the bowl.

"It's true that it's quite unusual. Don't try to understand, she's just crazy and weird."

The woman spoke laughing supported by the other people in the kitchen.

"Yes…" Fancy replied in a small inaudible voice before opening the bowl of sugar and taking some to pour into the bag.

"Ah, Fancy, I almost forgot. Tonight we're having a party with the knights of the estate and we thought you might be there...."

The woman proposed excitedly but Fancy just rejected the offer.

"I would like to but…she says I have to stay in her service even while she sleeps so I can't. I'm so sorry."

The other maids all stopped, some had angry looks others were scandalized.  There were still those who seemed sorry for Fancy.

"Honestly she's exaggerating and since the other day, she seems to have become more arrogant. Who does she think she is to use you like that? Just because she's taken a bit of influence lately and the  Duke seems to like her, she's being arrogant? The only lady in this house is Lady Gabrielle and no one else. May she learn to stay in her place…"

Fancy raised an eyebrow in amusement at these people's nonsense.  An illegitimate child is the Lady against the legitimate child?  Not to mention that everyone can see who the duke has been favoring for a while.  She smiled, they will see soon.  She looked at another maid who was speaking confidently and she rolled her eyes.

"It's true. Even if the second prince still seems fascinated by her, I'm sure it won't last. I thought he was going to get engaged to an archduke's daughter soon, at this rate she  will quickly disillusion the poor hahaha "

Fancy frowned.  What?

"Indeed, while Lady Gabrielle is going to marry the future Count De Solsten, the other slut there will be sent back to the mud where her place is..."

They started to laugh while Fancy clutched her clothes tightly to try to calm herself down.  An indescribable fury invaded her mind...shit she would like to hit all those girls who insult her mistress forgetting her status as a mistress.  They are only servants and they allow themselves.  Ah yes, Lady Mylène will teach them a good lesson.

Then she thought back to the other woman's sentence earlier and decided to inquire.

"The second prince is going to be engaged to a daughter of the archduke?"

“Yes, I heard the Duke speaking with Lord Veinstein this morning. The  King had chosen a lady named Sophia Springsteen as his fiancee and that he should return to the capital shortly to formalize their relationship before returning to deal with the Forest of Nightmares."

Fancy swallowed, she imagined that her mistress was not aware of this information.  She thought she had already spent too much time there and wanted to leave but the head maid came right behind her and asked her to stop.

"You seem busy for two days with Mylène so I would like to know what she is doing. She has changed a lot lately, I wonder if you don't know what she's up to…"

Fancy expected it a little, her mistress had already told her that these people would try this approach.

She lowered her head miserably and shook her head in the negative.

"I'm sorry. She doesn't talk to me much except to give me tasks and when she wants to be alone, she shuts herself up and ignores me...I too noticed her behavior change and tried  to figure out the reasons, but so far I've been drawing a blank."

"I see....well if you see anything suspicious come and tell me about it immediately"

"Well, ma'am"

Fancy came out of the kitchen and headed towards Mylène's room with anger well expressed on her face.  She had to calm down, her mistress had the answer to everything, she would know how to take care of these idiots, especially this governess.  She thought she was more than a servant in this mansion calling the legitimate young lady by her name just because the duke's wife has been her friend for years.

She quickly entered the room and found Mylène in the bathtub.

"You're making a damn head, my little Fancy, what happened?"

Fancy took the time to calm down and catch her breath before standing in front of Mylène.  The latter had a rather daring position in the bathtub making Fancy blush

Indeed, she had placed her arms on the edges of the bathtub and had raised her legs before crossing the left leg on the right knee, her hair scattered.

"My Lady....hm"

She tried to speak while looking away as her gestures were nervous.

"Don't tell me you like me…" Mylène spoke teasingly, making Fancy blush even more.

"No, my lady, it's not like that... in short I discovered that the second prince was engaged to a lady from the capital, a certain Sophia Springsteen. She is the daughter of the archduke of the kingdom  and to do this, he will have to return to the capital soon to formalize their union."

I opened one eye before moaning with satisfaction, the bath being really pleasant which surprised Fancy.

"You don't seem worried at all...and your plan, if he's engaged, it will be hard to..."

"My little Fancy, whether he's engaged or married, means nothing when it's me he loves. And therefore, I will always matter more than the woman standing next to him."

"But still my Lady, what if he falls in love with this girl and...."

"I'm sure that won't happen. I had confirmation today during our appointment…" I put a lock of my hair behind my ear before adding.
"This man is condemned to love only me, isn't this what happens to dear Frederik De Solsten? He seemed so in love with Gabrielle, it only took a few seconds for our eyes to be crossed to make him go crazy for me. So don't worry Fancy, I'm handling the situation perfectly."

" Well my Lady...no longer the governess, this woman takes herself for the mistress of the house when your father's wife is not there. She even dares to call you by your first name without any sign of respect..."

"So don't worry about that kind of detail Fancy, I won't forget her either....she will even be my next target soon...."