Rivalries

Frederik angrily stepped forward, his shoe slapping the floor loudly as I watched the tension between the two men become electric.

The prince was not stupid, he could see in the eyes of this man that he was a fervent admirer of this girl whose name he did not know. And neither did he know that he had found such an intriguing woman, he did not want to let her go...that man in front of him was an enemy.

" My lady, are you okay?"

Then looking up at the prince he scowled but didn't forget the protocol.

" Frederik De Solsten greets second prince Aaron Shubert Von Garten."

" I salute you"

I was still in the middle and I was starting to get bored. I want to go home to inaugurate my bed. I no longer have to stay there supporting these two idiots in their ego challenge.

I managed to remove the prince's hand which was still holding my hand then sneaking out of the two, I took Fancy's hand and bowed surprisingly to both men.

" Your Highness, Frederik De Solsten, I was delighted to see you and meet you...but I have to leave. I'm tired and I need to rest so I say goodbye to you."

Without waiting for an answer from them, I left, Fancy after me calling the coachman who wasted no time starting the car in the direction of the Hosten's house.

Left alone, the two men faced each other with the prince staring at Frederik.

" Your Highness, may I know what you wanted from Lady Mylène Von Hosten?"

" Mylene Von Hosten?  So that's what she's called?  I had no idea the Hosten house had such an interesting daughter. The only lady I had heard of was of course your fiancée, Gabrielle Von Hosten."

At those words Frederik's jaw clenched and he closed his eyes trying to calm himself down.

" This union has not yet been formalized."

" Oh ... I see ... and so she is the hidden daughter of Duke Hosten … I understand, I would also hide my daughter if she was so charming."

Frederik frowned even more if possible and stared intently at the prince.

" I would ask Your Highness not to put Lady Mylène in discomfort and..."

" Is it as his sister's fiancé that you tell me or... but no, don't worry, who knows, we could become brothers-in-law having married sisters…"

Aaron Shubert Von Garten was amused by the grimaces on Frederik's face, of course, he didn't mean any of these words; he just wanted to piss off this man. His intentions towards Mylène were more than clear even if deep down, he too began to feel a real attraction for this woman.

" It seems to me that you sent a letter to my sister telling her that you will come to visit her soon. I think that instead of spreading yourself, you should go see her."

Frederik preferred to cut the shit off as quickly as possible, having no desire to continue listening to the prince fantasize about Mylène… He didn't want other men to look at her like he was looking at her...

" Oh and by the way... Will Mylène be there at your sister's birthday party?  I hope at least she was invited because I want to."