Your only child.

Everyone looked at me curiously, at least the duke and my father, because the other three just wanted to rip my head off.

“They defeated a terror wolf that came out of the forest of nightmares a month ago,” the duke replied calmly, still keeping his friendly smile.

"But I thought I heard that Dad was doing it too before he even entered the academy, not to mention that he was doing it alone. But they had to get five to do it? Ah, Dad, that's not your name that's highlighted there". I commented, looking appalled at the situation.

The Duke of Veinstein closed his mouth while Claude sighed. Their feats were indeed impressive, but he was doing the same as them at a younger age than them without any problem, so he wasn't that impressed.

"It's true that if we analyze it that way, it's not very... The Duke of Veinstein began.

"Monsignor, this terror wolf was very impressive and...

wanted to intervene Karl, but his father cut him off.

"He was five meters tall, and after? So he was only a young male, not an adult."

Karl fell silent, throwing an evil look at Mylène, who only smiled mockingly.

"I know what you are going to do. Prove to me that you are as exceptional as your father, and I promise to support you."

"I…" Edward hesitated for a moment. Their father is considered the greatest swordsman in the kingdom; it took years for someone to reach his level, and the latter is none other than the second prince. Asking them to prove their worth by having the same feats of arms is an impossible mission.

"What's up, brother Edward? You doubt you can ever match my dad's strength?"

Edward gritted his teeth. He wanted to hit Mylène so badly right now that he could have just jumped on her shamelessly.

"We are going to do it." They resigned themselves.

And I'll make sure you fail, was my thought at the time.

The butler glared at Mylène as badly as her mother, that witch who had made Eléonore leave and had caused her death. He couldn't forgive those sadistic women who only took pleasure in crushing others without pity.

"Well, if that's all, I'm going, Mylène, I hope to see you again soon." The Duke of Veinstein announced

"Me too, my lord."

He came and kissed my hand again, and I thought for a moment, I will wait to hear my father's explanations before I see to what extent I could use the Duke of Veinstein to my advantage.

We were left alone, Karl, Edward, and me, our father had gone to accompany the duke with the butler following him.

"Are you proud of yourself, cursed girl?"

Karl yelled at me, coming dangerously close to me, but I remained calm. He would never dare to attack me, especially since our father would be back soon and he wouldn't risk upsetting him by attacking his precious daughter.

"Why did you say all those things? If we have the support of the Duchy of Veinstein, even though our father is gone, we can secure a bright future for you and Gabrielle."

Edward argued, causing me to chuckle.

"For me? But what are you talking about, Edward? I'm not related to you in any way, so what happens to you will have nothing to do with me, so I have nothing to gain by letting you have this kind of trouble. Opportunities."

The two remained almost shocked by my words as I now looked at them coldly. I have no problem giving them the bottom of my thoughts while telling them how badly I want them down.

"Why are you so..."

"Also What? Nasty? Karl, I'm just responding to what you put me through; don't blame me for being so awful... and that's just the beginning; I'll put you down, know it."

Karl and Edward wanted to talk again, but Claude arrived and asked them to leave them alone because he needed to talk to Mylène in private.

"Why did you prevent your brothers from having the support of the Duke of Veinstein?"

"Aren't you going to do it too?" I huffed, annoyed, before adding.
"Besides, I don't consider them my brothers, and I wouldn't be happy at all for them to gain power."

"These are my sons..."

"You don't need a son; you have me, and I'm more than enough as a child."

Claude recognized the nature of Mylène's pronouncement and shook his head.

"I see. You have truly come back, and you are our real daughter."

"Dad, I don't understand what you mean. And what was that warning about earlier?"

Claude went to sit, asking me to take a seat at his side, which I did without discussing.