Find a protector for Mylène.

"Haha, the faces they were making! I can't believe how I could keep myself from bursting out laughing at so much disbelief mixed with hate and helplessness. I feel so good when I piss everyone off; it's so enjoyable."
I exalted with joy as I went to take a seat on a sofa opposite my father.

"I'm happy then that I'm only half a demon because I don't know what it means to take pleasure in torturing others." My father replied, still engrossed in his documents.

"Ah, Dad, don't tell me that you disagree with me about what just happened." I pouted. Between the fact that he pulls me up for his stupid sons and this fact now, he has to take a stand, he better be on my side tho.

"Not especially; I just think you shouldn't be so confident that you can step on them without them trying to fight. Karl and Edward are already mad at you for what happened just now. Gabrielle, I'm not talking to you about her, and now you've just reduced Sofiane to just a guest in this house. My darling, you're alone in front of everyone; your only defense is me."

"And you are the best of the ramparts, my daddy."

"Mylène, be a little serious, please. I won't always be at home, and you will have to manage on your own. I don't think you have any effective notions of your powers yet. I'm afraid you won't quickly find yourself in danger; your enemies will no longer be content to insult you or belittle you; they will also want your life."
My dad tried to warn me, but I chuckled.

"Oh, Dad, you're late in this case... Gabrielle tried to poison me in the greenhouse earlier."

Claude stood up abruptly, his face crumpled with anger.

"How? The filthy little..."

"Calm down, Dad, I managed to avoid this. You see, after leaving the second prince, I went to town to waste time, and I thought I saw Gabrielle's silhouette. I followed her to see that it was indeed her and that she was buying poison, so I instructed Fancy to go and collect this poison and exchange it for sugar, which she did. But you have to believe that the little one was already fed up with me so directly, on hearing that I was with her dear and tender fiancé in the greenhouse, she asked Fancy to make us some tea. Thinking that Fancy was careless, she poured the entire contents of the 'poison' into the sugar bowl, knowing that her dear fiancé didn't take sugar due to allergies. The only one who would take it would be me. I imagine her surprise that I'm not already dead. That's why I want to take over the reins of the house; I don't want this kind of surprise anymore. Plus,  I imagine Gabrielle will go to see the poison seller, and I've asked Fancy to have her followed and to make sure to kidnap the woman with whom Gabrielle will have an appointment. You never know, she could be useful to us."

Claude got up and came to take his daughter in his arms, hugging her very tightly.

"Dumb girl, do you realize how lucky you were this time? If you hadn't seen Gabrielle in town, I would have lost you forever. Your mother would have killed me when she came back. Stop being so oblivious and take full measure of your next actions; do them with more caution, please."
I responded to my father's hug; he wasn't telling me to stop; he was just asking me to be more careful.

"I promise you, Dad, I'll be more careful now."

"For added security, I'm going to bring in a kid that I decided to take under my wing when you were born. I wanted him to be able to protect you in due time, and now just so happens to be…"

"A kid? "

"Yes, even if he isn't now. He is eight years your age, and it was I who perfected his education when I left the house for weeks; the memory of the other can show it."

I nodded; indeed, the duke often left the house for weeks without ever saying goodbye to anyone. He only came back if something was urgent, and if the butler told him it was of some importance that required his presence.

"So he's handsome?" I am now very interested in this newcomer.

"Mylène, I forbid you to hurt him."
I winced at this prohibition.

"But it's important to know. Listen, Dad, that little idiot,  Frederik De Solsten wants to play uncertainty with me; he doesn't have enough motivation. The second prince being far from me, there's no one to make Frederik react. But if he sees a handsome and dashing young man next to me, he will get motivated again."
My father huffed.
"In short, his name is Azef; his parents died because of the scheming of the nobility. He was the son of a duke, but he lost everything and his parents died, so he remained alone, everyone having turned his back to him." My Dad finished talking, and it looked like he had a suspicious glint in the back of his eyes, like he was trying to hide something from me. It sounds weird to me, but I decided to dodge it.

"And you, as a superman, came to his rescue."

"Superman?"

"Hmmm, hero, I mean."

"Anyway...yes I saw enormous potential in him and for his safety I sent him to the Selafon empire which is more powerful than us. Last time I heard that he had graduated with honors."

"So the people of Garten can go to Selafon for studies?"

"Yes indeed, it is there that the royal family sends its sons in training and not to the royal academy of Garten. The second prince had excellent results."

"Wow, I won't see him the same way now."

"I told Azef to come back here two days ago when I felt you came back, I think he will be here shortly."

"Dad, if I understand correctly, he is better than your incapable sons?"

Claude grinned in disgust, Mylène's sentence completely lacking in tact, but he had to admit that his sons weren't as exceptional as Azef. No, his sons are really bad and he wonders how they can be so invalid when they are his children. Borderline, they could have been smart but they're barely average. It's distressing!

"Indeed, Azef is far stronger than them." He finally admitted and I chuckled. Big suckers these imbeciles.

"I would have suspected that they were incapable....but you didn't answer, Dad.  Is he handsome?"

"You annoy me …"

"SO?"

"Yes, Azef is a very handsome young man. He has always been very successful with women."

"Perfect."

"Mylene…"

"Come on Dad, you won't mind me flirting with your protege, please."

"I forbade you..."

Mylène had already left her father's office, now impatient to meet this man of whom her father was so proud.