Banished

An incredible surrounding warmth.  It seemed to wrap around her, filling her with a sense of security and peace.

Christal heaved a slight sigh.  She wanted to curl up in this feeling that repeatedly overwhelmed her.  However, her body seemed oddly unwilling to move.

As the sensations returned to her, she began to realize that she was lying on her back.  The feeling in her body was returning, and a dull ache accompanied it.  Suddenly, she became aware of an extra warmth and physical presence beside her.

*Anyone with me?* Christal thought slowly, the fog in her mind dissipating a bit.

Someone was holding her against him, his arms around and supporting her.  Her energy was too weak to sense who it was, but she didn't feel in danger.  Whoever it was not an enemy.

She wanted to talk, wanted to ask him who he was, but only managed to let out a low moan.

" It's fine, Christal"

*This voice...A man's voice. I know this voice...but who…?*  Her mind lazily searched for the answer.

With a small moan and effort, she gradually opened her eyes slightly.

Her eyes tried to focus as she stared at a blurry face, dark hair, and worried dark eyes.

" Claude?"

" Christal... my sweetheart"

Claude exclaimed, a smile crossing his features as he saw her eyes looking at him again.

" Claude"

Christal repeated slowly, incredulously.

Suddenly, memories flooded Christal's mind.

She was in the forest of nightmares, she was sad and crying because Claude didn't trust her and preferred this woman and her children to her.

He hadn't stopped her when she decided to leave, she was afraid to go back to him after a month and find that he was happy with this woman. 

But she had promised him, she had to go no matter what bad news was waiting for her there.

But at the same time, when she was about to leave the forest, she felt a threatening presence behind her, even more terrible than her, and found herself on the ground.

" You have too long done what pleases you, Christal Goldish. You even went so far as to pervert a human... you will have to pay for it with your life."

After that, she just remembers trying to fight for her life but she was far too weak to think she had a chance against one of the four sacred beasts that rule this forest. Very quickly, she found herself on the ground with her belly open losing a lot of blood...

Her mind drifted to a face that tickled her thoughts, beautiful dark locks, an equally dark and bewitching gaze, a magnificent fine, framed face, and that smoldering smile that she loves so much... Claude Von Hosten.

She needed to see him again even if it was the last time

The next second, Christal found herself with a crushed heart and a pair of dazzling eyes.

" What are you doing here?"

Claude quickly brought his hand to his nose, rubbing it regretfully while glaring at her.

" You didn't come back so I came to get you."

" But this forest is forbidden to humans... and how did you manage to find me?"