Dad?

I arrived in front of the door, my eyes becoming bored. I want to sleep and these people annoy me. I should go and enjoy my new bed there.

I walked in without knocking, I had no time to waste on nonsense.

" Yeah???"

I cast a blasé gaze on the Von Hosten family and I can see that my entry without knocking had the expected result.

I grew up smiling defiantly as I sat down in a nearby chair watching the anger grow in Karl and my mother-in-law.

The quietest was my dad and Edward, with Gabrielle still pretending to be worried.

" You get up immediately otherwise…"

" Karl Von Hosten lowers your voice. I'm not deaf if you want to talk to me, do it with civility... moreover, I told you this morning... dare and I'll disfigure you forever."

Karl stopped trembling with rage while the father of the family raised his eyebrows slightly, visibly impressed by the charisma shown by Mylène...she had reminded him of his late wife.

" Well, what is the subject?"

" Mylene..."

My father's deep, cold voice made my heart tremble despite myself, but I recovered quickly.

" What's happening?"

He winced slightly...she hadn't used father...nothing and she didn't seem to be looking at him with the desperate love and awe she had the night before.

" I would like to know the meaning of all this."

" If you are not clear, forgive me for not understanding what you mean."

" Mylène... is this a way of talking to your father?"

" You madam, I am talking to my father, I will ask you not to interrupt us."

" Big sister... it's our mother..."

" Your mother Gabrielle, the marriage of my father with your mother as well as your adoption does not mean that I should consider her as my mother and you as my sister... I leave this task to both of them."

Karl and Edward seemed insulted but their father remained calm in front of the glances of all the others who were asking him to put this little intriguing girl in her place.

" Mylène, I want to talk about the huge purchases you made today."

His wife looked at him angrily and he ignored their wordless command to punish Mylene, it didn't please her.

" Well my furniture was old and my wardrobe left something to be desired. I would have made you ashamed so I chose not to continue to live like a bastard..."

" Do you know the expenses you incurred?"

" Father, are you so poor that vulgar trinkets would ruin you?"

Her father smiled, his daughter was different and he had to admit that she had been cute since morning, and it wasn't often that he found people cute.