The prince's invitation

I was far too tired to reflect on the far too suspicious behavior of the duke towards me. I just know that this man never showed affection to Mylène ... at least had never exteriorized it if he had even enjoyed her. Just the sight of her horrified him so why had he been so delicate to me?  It was information that would require a lot of thinking but later on, I was exhausted.

I fell asleep quickly that day I found myself in a new body finally ending.

The next morning, I woke up to a commotion in front of the mansion scowling at the noise...I can't stand being disturbed in the morning especially when I know that I don't have to get up early to go to work.  .. I live a dream life. Why should I be bothered by noises like these?

I got up from my bed and I  have never slept so well. I would have liked to continue on this same path but I have to believe that these assholes would not give me the opportunity.

I was still brooding curses on my face, groggy with sleep and the need to get carried away by it again when Fancy stormed into my room with a crashing noise that added to my migraine more pain.

I gave her a glare that shriveled on her, but what she came to get her mistress for was more than important.

" Good... good morning my lady. I hope you slept well."

" I could have if it had been a quiet place here ... what is all the fuss?"

Fancy smiled, not caring what she was going to do. She pulled her mistress carrying her out of bed and out of the room in one motion.

  I followed Fancy running through the corridors to find myself in the hall of the house, my father, my stepmother, my brothers and Gabrielle being already there.

In front of them, there were five knights that I could imagine from the crown, seeing the clothes that Karl and Edward often wore apart from the red scarf which indicated that they were knights not apprentices like my brothers.

" What's going on gentlemen, how can I help you?"

The knight with the overworked head, the one mandated as the head of mission came and bowed to the duke before making a sign behind him. Two men advanced pushing a mannequin covered with a thick fabric adorned with bright decorations.

" Here is a gift that my master asked me to give to the lady of the domain of Hosten."

Out of the corner of his eye, the duke could see Gabrielle and her mother jubilant and when he looked up the stairs, he saw Mylène staring at the gift with a bored, almost disgusted look so he understood...

" Well, who is your master?"

" The second prince, His Highness, Aaron Shubert Von Garten."

At that moment Gabrielle froze...she had only seen the prince from afar and above all, she didn't want to be involved with him even if it was an honor and even a great opportunity...but Frederik's sister was in love with him and she thought she heard that the prince and she had a rather special relationship... So why would he give her a present?

" My daughter, I didn't know that you knew the second prince...it's incredible."

" Yes, Mother… I had seen him once when I went to visit Marion De Solsten. I had seen him from afar but I didn't know that he had been... seduced by me."