Daddy's permission

Their father and Mylène having left, Karl clenched his fists and jaw in front of the large portrait of Christal in the living room.  The new duchess didn't like the fact that the portraits of this woman were all over the house when she was the new hostess, but the duke was far too scary for her to complain.

She often wondered why the duke had brought her to the mansion.  Since they were married, he had never touched her and didn't even look at her as a woman.  She could have complained about it but it was that or be repudiated, and for nothing in the world, would she want to go back to the filthy cabin where she lived with her daughter.

Fifteen years ago, while she was working in the fields, Gabrielle sat next to her, the duke arrived on his horse and held out his hand to her asking her to follow him.  She had been surprised that he asked her out of nowhere to be his wife.  She hadn't thought about it long before taking the name of Duchess of Hosten, her daughter becoming a noble at the same time.

She had so many ambitions for her daughter who would soon be a countess by marrying the future Count of Solsten.  That was if that little slut Mylène didn't become embedded in her relationship.

They separated, Edward having the visceral need to talk to his father but the latter refused to grant him a discussion making him return to his room.

I fell asleep quickly, having cleared my ideas for the next day. Fancy was snoring by my side but this atmosphere was enough to send me into the arms of Morpheus.

The next morning, like the morning of the day before, someone had the marvelous idea of ​​making quite a racket outside, preventing me from continuing to savor my sleep.  Fancy was already up and I guess that she would come soon to tell me the cause of this morning's agitation.

I stood up, resting my feet on the cold floor before straightening up, going to my window.  There was still the light morning mist which meant that whoever was making all the noise in front of the house had arrived much too early for my good.  I tried to see who was nasty enough to bother people so soon when the door slammed open, Fancy rushing in forcefully.

"My lady...you are awake...please get ready you have a visitor."

"A visitor?"

"Yes... The second prince has arrived and he wants to see you."

I felt my head pounding, it was not what I had planned.  I had to meet Frederik first, then the prince, and not the other way around.  Above all, I feared that Frederik would arrive and that it would end like the day before.

Why couldn't these men just sit still and be nice pawns in carrying out my plans?

I turned to Fancy with a scowl on my face and walked towards the bathroom.  I can't help it now anyway, I have to deal with the fact that things won't always turn out the way I want.

"Prepare the black dress with the red flower patterns and my black shoes with the red decorations too... Today I'm going to do my hair so prepare some black ribbons and some makeup too."

"Oh my lady, you make a big deal out of meeting this prince."

  Fancy seemed to be sulking at this and I smiled caressing her cheek.

"Whoever wants to go to war prepares for it, my little one."

I clicked my tongue on my puck before entering the bathroom.  I picked out some of the vanilla flower scents I bought two days ago before pouring them into my tub.  The entire room was filled with this subtle and intense smell that awakened certain desires...