Welcome home

Claude had opened his eyes, his head resting on the sofa with his nose in the air as he stared at the ceiling of his large library.

How long was it?  19 years after his wife had gone to look for their daughter. He was wondering when she was coming back. He had done as she asked and now he was sure that their daughter's soul had returned which meant that Christal too should be here soon.

19 long years of having to live a life without her, he doesn't know how he had managed to bear it, but luckily it would all be over soon…

Yes, she would come back and he could finally leave this world to live with her.

He did not doubt that everything would go well for the future, especially with Mylène who had returned. She was exactly like her mother, which means that she would be a competent person without a doubt. This weak and miserable girl who had lived in her body was gone now.

He had a pain in his neck so he got up to take a few steps, the house was quiet, it was normal, it was getting late even if Karl and the others still hadn't come back... in short, he had better things to think about.

He walked for a while before feeling a presence upstairs. It was one of the advantages of being a half-demon. He couldn't be surprised by anyone and the disadvantage, the pain of being separated from his love was almost deadly.

He climbed the steps that led upstairs and followed the pulsations he felt. He soon arrived at the place where he felt the presence was intense and found Mylène dozing with a book on her lap.

Beside her, Fancy lay languidly on the floor.

As he guessed, his daughter had the same passions as him, he had found his child.

She had declined this birthday without interest to read, she was right.

In addition, she, who had just returned to this world, had to adapt to its contours, imagining that the only information she had would be the memories of the one who left.

He bent down to her level putting his hand on her hair before caressing her, she was so beautiful.

He wanted to kiss her forehead but one thing caught his attention, the contents of the book she was reading.

He picked up the intrigued book and stood up making sure not to wake her.  His eyes widened when he realized what his daughter was reading and felt a bit lost.

The magic of light was a unique magic reserved for the chosen ones of heaven and unfortunately, Mylène is three-quarters demon. Because she was born when he was already transformed into a demon. It means that she can't be able to manipulate this style of magic unless her human quarter has received this favor from heaven.

He smiled eccentrically and put his hand on his daughter's head... a demon who uses light magic, it was both exceptional and laughable. He knew that his daughter would become the most perfect being on this earth.

He heard moans and looked down to see that Mylène had opened her eyes already, he put the book back on the shelf and waited for Mylène to wake up completely.

It didn't take long before she walked up totally and found her father's dark stare.

"Dad?"

" You are very unconscious to sleep in this cold in such a place."

I turned to look around, becoming aware of my surroundings. I stretch my body which makes some pretty annoying noises.

My body must have been numb.

I heard little snores and smiled in front of Fancy's pout, who was fast asleep.

" I didn't even realize that I had fallen asleep...ahh and you, Dad, what are you doing here?"

" It's my resting place so I come here every night to relax"

" You're too tall, Dad, it hurts my neck to talk to you like that... would you like to sit down?"

Claude was speechless at his daughter's tone and ended up smiling, shaking his head. The impertinence and arrogance of people of their race were breathtaking.

Slowly he slid close to Mylène and the latter smiled at him.

" Dad I wanted to know... why did you treat me so badly before?"

Claude remained calm but inside he had many questions, which in the end had only one meaning. The conscience that had gone must have left some resentment toward him, and his real daughter wanted the reasons. She could believe that it was intended against her.

" The reason is simple ... before it was not my daughter but now it is."

Mylène seemed a little lost by these explanations and he understood giving her a smile she didn't know...a soft and paternal smile.

" Welcome home my dear."

After that, he got up leaving Mylène dumbfounded while he was already going. He looked for servants to come and carry Fancy, and help Mylène to go back to her room and rest.

I was thinking a lot of things after my dad left...welcome home?

What was that again?  Could he have realized that the person inside Mylène was another person?  Then why welcome me?  I don't understand, and especially the fact that since my return, the duke had seemed to accept all my shenanigans as if he were even encouraging me...it was strange, very strange, I had to understand it but for the hour, I had a huge headache. All I discovered drove me crazy and I just wanted one thing, to rest.

I had a survival plan in this world and taking care of my father and his strange reactions is not on the schedule.

The servants arrived and carried Fancy as a big bag amusing me while I followed them behind without saying a word.

I needed to rest but obviously, in this house, that was impossible for me.  The following events were enough to make me realize this.