The power of light.

" My lady, why are you so nice to Lady Gabrielle?"

I was in my bath while Fancy was combing my hair.

" For two reasons... have you seen the glance of Sir Frederik De Solsten?"

" Yes … He was blushing …"

" Indeed… He was impressed...Fancy, what I discovered in my life is that men need women who they think will be a support for them and not a source of problems… Do you understand?"

" I…"

" Let me tell you simply... Frederik was caught between fire and ice not knowing what to do, he didn't want to show me that I didn't matter to him but he didn't want to be heartless to announce so brutally to Gabrielle that he no longer loved her…"

" He should have…"

" I concede it to you but it's not part of my plan .. so I gave Frederik a subtle way out of this impasse while letting him know how much I am with him."

" I see my lady... you are incredible."

" The second is Gabrielle and her allies...I allowed them to think that Frédérik doesn't interest me and I reassured them at the same time."

" I see ... you are always very far-sighted."

We continued talking as I headed back to my bed waiting for nightfall to search for information about my powers.

I don't know how the rest of the day was but around 6 p.m., I woke up meeting Gabrielle and my brothers in the hallway. The three were leaving for Marion's birthday party, Gabrielle ecstatic because Frederik would be coming soon looking for her... I smile.

" Older sister…"

" You are very beautiful. I see that this dress was made for you. It suits you very well. "

" Thank you again for…  what you did with Sir Frederik."

" Please."

I saw Karl open his mouth to speak to me but I chose to ignore him and left for the library, Fancy joining me later.

There were so many books on magic and I was spoiled for choice. So I decided to read the history of the Kingdom of Garten and bingo, there was a chapter on light magic.

It was obvious that this power was so prized considering that only one in a million could obtain it. And it would be in rare cases where it happened once after hundreds of years... I better understand its importance for a  kingdom.

Everyone would like to have a user of light magic in their ranks, that's why I wanted to hit Mylène on the head more...

With such power, she could have got what she wanted and done what she liked instead of undergoing what she had to undergo until her more than tragic death.

It was pathetic… I won't make such a mistake; I was going to live a wonderful life.

I turned my attention back to the huge book, Fancy sleeping beside me... I smiled delicately before pulling the cover over her shoulders and continuing to read.

The magic of Light sometimes belittled in the name of healing magic is in no way a simple healing magic.  It is an extremely powerful and versatile orphan magic that is undoubtedly one of the best utility magics in this world where magic is a sign of talent and prestige; otherwise, the place of the head of the family would not be a problem for Karl who will soon be a knight. But with me being a mage and of light, his chances of becoming Duke of Hosten would be more and more minimal.