Christal's return

I feel good, I could say that since my existence as Valéria or my return as Mylène, this is the first time that I have felt so satisfied.  I closed my eyes in contentment, I could feel Azef put his head in my hair and take a deep breath.

“You smell so good... I could stay like this, close to you, forever.”

I looked at Azef's smiling face caressing his cheek.

"I will always be there for you Azef, you know that. You and I have a relationship that cannot be broken."

“I know, Mylène. I waited for you for so long, I thought I was going crazy…” he shook his head, “We thought we were dying. We always loved you, you know, no matter the gender that you had, we only ever loved you. But you never returned these feelings to us, yet we would have done anything for you. Maybe it's the fact that we were males... but now that you are a female, everything is going to change, anyway, I have already decided that even if you were a male this time, we will not let anyone take you anymore. You have been destined for us for millennia, no matter your gender, and that will not change  ... Never."

Azef smiled and hugged me.  I was lost, I wanted to understand.

“What are you talking about? Please explain to me.”

"Once you wake up, you will understand me. For the moment, it would be too early"

I closed my mouth, a strange feeling brewing inside me.  Azef is not a human that's for sure, he seems to know things that I don't know.  Should I ask my father?

“Useless, this child is far too young to know the truth”
I gasped in surprise as I pushed Azef back slightly to look at him.  Had he just read my mind?  He smiled, giving me an amused look.

“Isn’t that obvious?”
“Stop, don’t ever do it again.”

I saw Azef scowl, his gaze becoming menacing.
“Don’t look at me like that” I growled and he looked away.

“Sorry, but if I don’t, how will I know if you’ve allowed yourself to be seduced by human vermin again?”

I looked at Azef, now angry.  I grabbed his chin, forcing him to look at me

“I chose you, so trust me.”

He bit his lip before getting up.

"Mylène, I'm serious. I'm going to call them because you have returned to us. Therefore, unlike previous centuries, you will be our companion. We will no longer let you unite with others. Your former wives only brought you misfortune anyway"

After saying that, Azef disappeared under my disconcerted gaze. Former wives? For sure, I need explanations.  But if Claude can't tell me anything, who could I turn to?  It's honestly horrible not to know.
Perhaps I have no choice but to wait for Azef to finally find the desire to explain to me.  For now, I have no choice but to wait.  Ah, he was talking about him as if there were several of them, not to mention he said he was going to warn them.  Who the fuck is he talking about?  I closed my eyes and without realizing it, I fell asleep.

Claude was sitting in his office with his head pounding as he already imagined that his daughter was not going to obey his command about Azef.  And he could even imagine what she had in store for Azef and it was going to be complicated to handle.  But he couldn't help it when a demon wanted something it would be almost impossible to stop him from getting it.  But it still wasn't obvious when he thought about Azef's true nature and the worries it might cause in the future.
“Ah Christal we went a little far this time, I don’t know what will happen to us. I don’t see this entity not taking revenge for the affront committed”

He exhaled before feeling a cold current pass over the back of his neck and his heart skipped a beat.

***You haven't changed in almost 20 years, still worrying about anything, my love***

Claude smiled, his face becoming relaxed as a touch of red came to play on his cheeks.  She was back, his wife had come home and brought their child with her, and he couldn't be happier.

Finally, his life could return to normal.

“How long have you been back?”  Claude said nevertheless, with a cold and threatening voice.

Christal flinched, freezing in fear.  Even though she was still in her astral body, she could feel the shivers running through her face at the soft but no less dangerous voice with which her husband, her man, spoke to her...

*** Well you see...I***

"You've been here since our child came back, haven't you?"

*** Yes... but... listen... while I wasn't sure if I had brought our baby back, I just couldn't reveal myself to you***

“So what you want to tell me is that you, a major demon, the mother of our Mylène, could have made a mistake in recognizing the soul of your daughter?”

Christal swallowed before scowling.

*** Claude I see the insult that you want to hide from me in this sentence ***

“Who told you I wanted to hide it?”

*** Well, I apologize if I was late in revealing myself.  I first made sure that the others hadn't started looking for "him" after waking up and once done I ran here, passing our little Azef at the same time.***

“You seem far too relaxed for someone who played with fire on the case of that child, of Azef…”

*** Hey let me tell you that he started it.  I only took revenge in my way and I'm sure it's nothing to whip a cat***

“You think so, but I’m worried about our daughter.”

*** ah her...I don't think there will be anything since he's doing things to her that they both enjoy***

"What? What is this creature doing to my daughter?"

*** Well they do things that I've missed for years ***

"You're crazy, how can you be so calm when one of these creatures, which by the way will want to kill you when it wakes up, is sleeping with our baby? But worse, knowing its essence, you  know that Mylène commits sacrilege by corrupting this being"

***He's already awake***

" What?"

*** I tell you he's awake, his brothers will soon find him too.  But, something seems strange.  Despite waking up, he didn't try to get revenge, instead, he was the one who asked to mate with our baby***

" What are you saying ?"

***I don't understand either.  Is it because our baby has managed to tame him?  But by what fate?***

Claude went to sit down at his desk, the information that Christal had brought him was far too boring.

“Could it be because of the power of light?”

***What?***

“Our daughter holds the power of light”

Christal was stunned before bursting out laughing, surprising her husband.

***I see, it makes sense.  Just as we, the creatures of the Nightmare Forest, must submit to them because they created us, they too must submit to the possessor of light magic because he is the incarnation of their creator***

" Which means…"

***That he will not dare do anything to us for fear of provoking the wrath of his mistress.  As Mylène's parents, we have immunity***

Claude sighed, she's way too optimistic.  Nothing is certain that these entities will act as she predicts.

“You should be serious sometimes, you exasperate me”

***No, you love me... now, more seriously, tell me how I should kill this thing that tried to hit my daughter***

" Who ?"

*** This thing you married has raised its hand on my Mylène ***