What makes me Happy?

-Monica

Yesterday was trash. I'm still struggling to get my head together but I have to adult today so curling up in a ball and being an emotional wreck is out of the question. My first stop in my adulting to-do list is to head over to Trinity's place so that I can get my debit card. I left it with her so that I didn't end up doing some retail therapy when I got over-emotional. With Dylan giving me a company card to cover my lunches and gas for work I didn't have many other expenses so I didn't have to keep my debit card on me. It was the smartest thing I could do for myself right now.

Unfortunately, Trinity was working this weekend which kind of sucked for me because I really wanted someone to talk to after the whole ordeal with the mistress. But I'll just put my emotions in my back pocket for now. Maybe tonight will go better and it will all just be a bad dream.

Trinity texted me yesterday letting me know Dylan was going to be gone all day so I needed to use the spare key she hid for me to let myself in. That news motivated me to get up and get moving, wanting to get in and get out of the house before Dylan came back. I was still attempting to keep my distance from her and being alone with her at her house was not on my to-do list.

I pulled up the house and switched off the car, switching my mellow music playlist to my headphones determined to keep my calm and keep my mind off life. I gathered the spare key from the lockbox they kept connected to the door knob and let myself in. When I got into the house a subtle scent of lavender and vanilla lingered in the air from Trinity's Airwick air freshener timer. It had a calming feel to it and I breathed it in letting it relax me as I made my way to Dylan's office/my future bedroom.

The card was supposed to be on top of her desk but it was nowhere to be found. I looked around checking her drawers but still didn't see anything. I called Trinity to see where she left my card but of course, she didn't answer. Is this my sign to just give up on adulting and go back to sleep?

I sat on the futon and waited for her to call back but after 10 minutes I started to lose motivation fuck it I'm going home. I'll try again tomorrow. I made my way out of Dylan's office texting Trinity to forget it and that I'll just get it from her later when I bumped into the wall and dropped my phone.

"Owe shit, Watch where you're walking Monica," I said to myself out loud.

"Yeah you really should, You never know what or who you'll run into," I heard her say.

I let out a startled shriek completely unaware of her presence. Stupid headphones had me so zoned out I didn't even realize she was home. There in the doorway stood a half-naked Dylan in all her drop-dead studly glory. She must have just got out of the shower because she was standing there in nothing but a pair of boxers and a towel covering her breast and her long dreads were pulled up in a messy bun on top of her head. Her body wash was fragrant and still lingered on her skin along her muscular arms and legs were trickled with water droplets that had yet to be collected from her towel. I licked my lips wanting to lick her body dry of every last drop.

"Like what you see Mrs. Wallace?" She said with humor in her eyes.

Omg, how long had I been checking her out like that? It felt like time had slowed down while I scanned over every muscle, every droplet, and every pore of her almost bare flesh.

"I uh, what are you doing here? Naked?" I asked.

Omg did I just ask her why she's naked?

"Well, last time I checked this was my house. So I can be naked anytime I want to be. I mean if that's ok with you Mrs. Wallace?" Dylan replied.

Looking like that she can be naked anytime she wants to be. I nodded my head not trusting myself not to say that out loud.

"The better question is. Why are you here?" she asked.