Chapter 53

Jinyu had a heart attack watching this and caught off guard, his first instinct was to tilt his head to the side and turn to look at naughty Shen Nuo (who was shaking his head wildly like a salamander just behind Li Yan, furiously mouthing a big soundless 'NO').

But Jinyu grew up in the barracks since he was small. He did not know what formality was. Thus he grinned at the Emperor spiritedly and uttered some shit. "Sir, he says he wants you to do him!"

Minghe did not understand. "Do what?" 

But Shen Nuo: "!!!"

Li Yan suddenly pushed Shen Nuo onto the low seat and got over him, covering Shen Nuo's entire sight with his mighty body. Shen Nuo's eyes widened. Li Yan's breath was now extremely messy. He leaned forth reaching his face closer to Shen Nuo's.

"Consort Shen, behave well! Or Zhen will start to think that you're probably ready to be a mother!"

A cold shudder ran down Shen Nuo's back. How can he not understand the meaning of Li Yan's words? And shit! Why did it sound so seductive? 

Li Yan looked at him meaningfully. "One more word and Zhen will do you right here!" He obviously forgot a cabbage was near. "And I probably won't stop until I make you cry. You know me don't you?" 

The cabbage stuck his thoroughly excited face in between them with a grin. "Imperial Father, daddy Shen, do what?

Then only did Li Yan remember they were watched by their son. He couldn't help but grit his teeth narrowing his eyes into slits when Shen Nuo cutely smiled. "Get the f@#king hell out of me!" He said in a sweet whisper in that who-the-hell-do-you-think-you-are-like voice.

What could Li Yan do? So he squeezed the side of Shen Nuo's thin waist secretly before really letting go of him. He calmly prepared back his disheveled robe while Shen Nuo grimaced in pain. Li Yan's lips were curled up at the ends with some satisfaction written over his face. His smile was extremely rare but also very beautiful.

When the company arrived at Tian Shang Monastery, it was already evening. The last colours of the sky were returning to darkness. Li Yan dragged Shen Nuo out of the horse carriage, closely accompanied by an excited cabbage.

There were several officials who had come to Tian Shang Monastery earlier, hoping to depart to the hunting grounds, this evening itself. So when the Emperor's company arrived, they gathered at the gate to greet the emperor. 

Among them at the rear stood Zhanhua. His face was deadly pale and there were dark circles under his eyes at loss of sleep. He looked a lot thinner for he often skipped his meals lately, at loss of appetite. He stood, his half shut eyes sorrowfully fixed at the emperor and his consort as they got down the carriage, hand in hand.

The officials bowed to the emperor. Prime Minister was also amid them. He had some few words with the emperor. Meanwhile, Shen Nuo more or less felt the heated gaze directed towards him. He tilted his head to the side and met the eyes of Zhanhua.

Shen Nuo's heart skipped a beat. He saw Zhanhua after whole five days and was shocked by the devastating change Zhanhua's appearance had undergone. Shen Nuo's heart bled. His pressed lips loosened slightly.

Zhanhua didn't say anything. He silently tightened his jaws and lowered his head. It wasn't that hard to understand that he was in pain.

Shen Nuo was in a turmoil. What has happened to Zhanhua? Why was he suddenly looking so sickly? Did it have something to do with their bitter parting at Mingyue Palace five days ago? Of that incident, Shen Nuo did not remember clearly. 

He only remembered vaguely that after Zhanhua kissed him at the deserted lane and brought him back to Mingyue Palace, Shen Nuo had a fight with him. They didn't part happily. Shen Nuo was angry. And Zhanhua looked heart broken.