Chapter 01

Shen Nuoyan gasped for his life amid scattered breaths as he lied on the bed, slowly dying. He was exhaling than he breathed in. Blood lines felled down the corners of his chapped lips, and trailed down to the sides of his face.

His red eyes were touched with tears. But he still looked beautiful. He was young, only twenty six years. And yet he had to go, a fate too cruel for an abandoned consort to die.

It had been not more than half an hour before the Emperor had personally forced him to drink that mortal poison.

He, in his life, had never committed crimes. He never harmed others. He never framed others.

And still he did not understand why everything seems to happen to him. He seemed to have born with all the bad luck and misfortune.

There were not many things that he regretted in this life. Once he used to have everything he wanted. He was given comfort. He was given love. He was respected as the youngest doted son of the Grand Martial of Li Yang Empire.

But why should the end turn out to be like this?

It was his fault. He fell in love with someone he shouldn't love. He fell in for someone who didn't love him at all.

The cruel Emperor...

He used to be so naive. He fell in love so he wanted him. He forced his old father to propose him. He entered the Palace thinking everything was fine.

But...

He did everything he could to please the Emperor. But the Emperor never spared a glance at him.

What did he get in return?

He was framed to crimes that he didn't do. He was punished for faults that hadn't been his. And the Emperor never cared.

It was his fault. He shouldn't have come here in the first place.

His sight was very blurry. There were white curtains hung around his deserted room.

He knew the bed he was lying in was a coffin... Then the white curtains must be for the funeral...

He smiled sarcastically. This Emperor was really heartless. But nevermind.

There aren't many wishes that he wished for in this life. He only wanted to hate him now. How would his life be if he didn't marry the Emperor?

Perhaps his father wouldn't have died. His mother wouldn't have died. His Manor wouldn't have been burned to ashes. His beloveds wouldn't have been killed.

All because of him ... all because he was too blind to see the truth. But he was tired. It's time to go. Only if the Emperor would regret what he did ... if his death can open his eyes ...

Shen Nuo closed his eyes slowly and the tears that hung by the sides of his long eyes broke off like molten glass. His beating heart slowly disappeared into silence. He died with a frozen smile.

**********