Chapter 44

The Imperial Capital of Li Yang Empire included thirteen main cities among which, the City of Lincheng was one ideal spot where various kinds of folk gathered.

Shen Nuo sat forth a desk in the third floor of a restaurant with Jinyu, having some Lotus Tea. Both were clad in casual dresses and looked no different than two siblings from a middle class rich family. Shen Nuo was in a very good mood. The night before, though Li Yan threatened him with a long and a scary night, at last, he didn't come at all. So Shen Nuo snuggled the fluffy cabbage and went into a peaceful sleep.

But this morning, Shen Nuo suddenly came across a problem. While Jinyu had snacks, Shen Nuo was thoughtfully pondering over the little letter he received some few hours ago. If the letter was sent by Zhanhua, Zhanhua would definitely leave a secret mark for him to identify. But this letter had no sign or did not mention the sender. That nameless letter only had few messy characters asking him to come to Lincheng...

Shen Nuo furrowed his brows. Who could have sent this letter to him? And why? He did not know.

While he was blankly staring down the window at the bustling streets, he caught a pair of familiar faces. One was definitely the Prime Minister. He was dressed in a casual silken robe while the other person looked like a poor farmer. That handsome face looked familiar too but Shen Nuo was too far to identify that profile clearly.

Shen Nuo was confused. Why was the Prime Minister hanging around with such people? When did he become that decent to keep a low profile and to wander around in the public, nameless? What was he doing?

Shen Nuo watched carefully and saw the couple enter the Jingyan Brothel at the other side of the street. Shen Nuo raised his brows. Once he heard this old otter had seven concubines and thirteen bed maids at his service besides his lawful mistress. And here he enters a brothel! What a rat!

Then suddenly Shen Nuo choked in his breath. Wait! Did he just see the otter enter with another man? Huh? Oh right! Perhaps the old otter was not satisfied with women and had now started with men...

But... That seems not alright. Lincheng was very big. There were a numerous places at Lincheng where males served at brothels. Why would the old otter bring a man into a brothel?

"Jinyu." Shen Nuo asked seriously. "Why don't I see your sword with you today? Don't tell me you forgot it. Where is it?"

Jinyu scratched his head for a while before he suddenly remembered he had left it there hanging on the branch of the chestnut tree where he had been resting the night before. Jinyu choked in his noodles. "I..."

Shen Nuo was speechless. "Don't you have a single weapon with you?"

Jinyu quickly nodded. "Have. I have my whip hidden inside the waist belt. And two daggers inside my boots. And poison needles and - "

"Good. That's better than nothing. Jinyu, follow me!" Shen Nuo paid the meals with a silver teal and hurried down the stairs. Jinyu followed, wiping his mouth. "Master?"

However, the moment Jinyu realized Shen Nuo had taken him into a brothel by the next moment, he was flabbergasted. His eyes were wide as saucers. "Master!" He said in a furious whisper. "You can't really do this!" In his voice was incredulous disbelief.

Shen Nuo raised a brow. "Do what?" He asked testily. "Jinyu, I brought you here to help me spy on Prime Minister. He just came inside."

Jinyu nodded at once. "Ok."

"Hear all the things out as much as possible but make sure not to get caught, ok?"

Jinyu nodded obediently and disappeared into the crowd of the brothel.