Chapter 23

I feel like some of you are confused so I decided to clear it... The Emperor's name of honor or courtesy name is Li Yanlong. But his personal name is Li Yan and that name can only be used by the closest people to him, ok? The name of the Empire he's ruling is Li Yang...

And don't miss this chapter...💕
_______________________________________________________________

Back to the story...

The night was cold. At Yixian Palace, the twin consorts were sitting on the enormous bed. Khutulun helplessly patted her big sister's swollen foot. "You're always like this! Hurting yourself for the sake of others!"

But Sagangui looked at her sister and smiled. "Khutulun, what did big sister tell you before coming here? You should keep out of harem fights. This is not like home. It's completely different. As long as you can keep out of troubles, big sister can protect you!"

"But who is there to protect big sister? You always get injured like this! I can't take it! It's unfair!"

"It's fine. Big sister is already used to it. There are many who needs help. I'll protect them as far as I can." Sagangui gently pressed her down the bed sheets beside her and pulled the quilt over khutulun. "It's already past midnight. You'll sleep with big sister tonight, ok? Don't be angry. You'll become ugly!" She smiled teasingly, pinching Khutulun's nose tip.

But Khutulun angrily slapped her hand away. "Big sister! I'm serious!"

Sagangui looked at her gravely. "Sleep! It's late!" She was sitting on the enormous bed with her back leaned upon the bed rest.

Khutulun was very angry. She did not speak anymore. She burried into the sheets and angrily closed her eyes. But as usual, her hand habitually coiled around Sagangui's arm.

Sagangui smiled. Khutulun was naive and warm hearted. She hated injustice the most but her naivety would always bring her trouble. Sagangui was happy that she was still there to protect this little sister of hers'.

She silently sat there for hours. The pain in her ankle had withdrawn into a faint itch by now. But it was still hurting. She couldn't move her foot. Khutulun had already fallen asleep. For a moment, she was in deep thought.

She took out a piece of crumpled paper from her sleeve pocket and looked at it seriously. This crumpled paper was forced through her fingers the moment Shen Nuo bent down to apply medicines to her leg that afternoon.

Once she came out after the harem meeting and took a quick glance it, she was purely shocked. The letter contained just a brief messy sentence.

Help! Altai besieged Xu Lin Pass...

The reason for her amazement was, Prince Altai was her childhood sweetheart before she and her twin were forcefully married to here. Prince Altai was a tribe leader and an aggressive prince who loved her since small. They were bethrothed lovers.

He would listen to her on any matter. The day she married Li Yan, Prince Altai was nearly driven mad. But after their communication methods got cut off, she did not hear from him anymore.

But she had expected Altai to attack Li Yang. She knew he would do everything to get her back... But it was that this was a bit too quick and unexpected. No matter what, Altai would definitely fail if this battle continue. He was powerful.

But he was nowhere to match the military power of Li Yang... As long as Emperor Li Yan and Grand Martial Shendu is there, no one could even think of attacking Li Yang...

The thing is, how did Shen Nuo know? Because if he did not know about the matter between her and Altai, he definitely would not write this letter.

It was obvious that Shen Nuo was asking her help to stop the battle from happening. If Li Yan goes to greet him, she knew it would cause a great bloodshed. Li Yan and Altai were the same. Both were aggressive...