Chapter 25

(Memories of five years ago... Shen Nuo 11yrs and Li Yan 22yrs).
______________________________________________________________

The young Emperor sat cross legged silently forth his white jade desk in his chamber, flipping through the memorials. His upright posture was very handsome and revealed a great sense of power and majesty within. And his face was cold and cold, dignified, expressionless and indifferent. But his long eyes narrowed darkly.

"Shen Nuoyan, do you know what kind of a crime it is to interrupt the Emperor's privacy?" He asked in an icy voice without raising his head. But his cold eyes were fixed at Shen Nuo through the pearl crown.

Shen Nuo shuddered wildly. He was standing by the corner with a lowered head. He couldn't help but gulp. "Your Majesty..." He stuttered in a lame whisper. "I told Your Majesty once, when I heard someone scream inside a room, I ... I just wanted to -"

The Emperor suddenly slapped his palm on the desk with a deafening sound. He was really angry. But no one knew the reason for his anger...

Shen Nuo looked as if struck by lightning. He immediately stopped talking and lowered his head, feeling horrified.

"Still dare to speak back, do you?" Li Yan asked in a dangerous voice, gritting his teeth. His voice was piercingly cold. "Heard a scream or not, is the private chamber of the Emperor and the Empress somewhere you can barge in at wish?"

Shen Nuo blushed deep red amid rising fear and embarrassment. Why did it feel so ambiguous? Of course he knew it was the private residence of the Emperor. Who would dare to casually scream inside there, unless... unless... He wanted to dig a hole and burry himself. He should have guessed it before barging inside rudely.

Shen Nuo's face blushed purple. He had indeed heard about the matters of bed. He had seen strange ambiguous pictures that were shared among his classmates. At first he had been confused. He decided to show the book to a teaching elder and get a satisfying explanation.

But for some reason, he forgot. But he was too curious. He had asked his third brother Shendu for an explanation.

"Third brother, why should a man and a woman ...er... hug tightly on the bed?"

Shendu was just too busy with some military documents sent by his father. He was biting a piece of grass in a corner of his mouth while he flipped through the letters in a hurry. He did not clearly pay attention to what he was listening. So in a daze he replied back.

"What do you mean? Is there anything to ask in that? They were obviously sleeping!"

Back then, Shen Nuo was too small to understand the hidden meaning behind the word sleep. He only took it for ordinary sleeping. However he looked curious.

"But why do they have to take off their clothes?" He had asked seriously. "They can also do that without getting undressed. Big brother, I'm confused..."

Shendu furrowed his brows, frowning. Why was he feeling irritated? Something was definitely wrong with the report he was reading. A moment later, he heard Shen Nuo's anxious voice again. "Big brother, you're holding the report upside down..."

Shendu was speechless. He spun the letter and looked at Shen Nuo. "What did you ask before?" He asked creasing his brows. "I wasn't listening properly."

Shen Nuo silently pressed his lips together before opening them to speak again in a meek voice. "Ahem, hugging on a bed without dresses..."

"..."

"Big brother, actually it wasn't only men and women, I also saw a picture of a man and a man too..."

"???"