Chapter 21

'Through out the next few weeks, Shen Nuo was in a very bad mood. Not even Minghe dared to come near him after that day he saw him beating Jinyu with the kitchen broom for hiding the water bucket inside Shen Nuo's toilet...

No one knew why he was in such a bad mood and even Liyi didn't dare to ask. She silently bit her lower lip and observed. She wondered what must have happened that midnight her master returned to his residence in a daze, with bleeding lips and his dress drenched all over. (Don't worry, didn't happen anything)

And one morning, Shen Nuo woke up with a start, kicking the quilt off his bed. "@#$k!"

Liyi who was sweeping the chamber looked at Shen Nuo in amazement. "Master?"

Shen Nuo was speechless. How dare he dream about that dog? He saw a strange dream which seemed to have belonged to original Shen Nuo's childhood. He saw the smaller himself and the dog... He slightly remembered about a beautiful white jade tassel too. It was like they were arguing about something but the memories once he woke up was soon slipping away from his mind. He did not remember the dream clearly...

Shen Nuo stared around him annoyed for a while and then facepalmed. "Shit!"

Liyi leaned the broom onto the desk and sat by the side of her master, genuinely concerned. "Master, did you dream again? What did you see?"

Shen Nuo spat out disgustedly. "A dog..."

Liyi was stunned. Then she giggled. "A dog?" Then her smile disappeared immediately under the furious glare of Shen Nuo.

As if to anger him more, not even five minutes passed, Jinyu entered into the chamber saying that Shen Nuo was summoned by the Empress in the afternoon for a harem tea party.

@#$k the party! He knew it was definitely not something good. This woman was officially named as the mother of Prince Minghe. But she only took it for granted so as to keep her position as the Empress safe.

In her last life, after Minghe was murdered, Consort Lian took the chance to complain it was also the ignorance of the Empress that caused the death.

Sooner, even before Shen Nuo, the Empress died misteriously. Doctors who checked the corpse said she was poisoned by the venom of vipers through her meals. The final conclusion was that she poisoned herself in guilt. But Shen Nuo estimated that Consort Lian must have added snake venom to her meals.

But startling everyone, the Emperor prohibited from investigating the matter further so the murder case of the Empress was closed just like that. But why did the Emperor do so? Shen Nuo furrowed his brows. Things were getting even confusing. There were many unclear part that he had to work out soon.

That afternoon, he entered into the court yard of the Empress with his maid Liyi while Jinyu stood outside. Males weren't allowed inside. Though Shen Nuo looked like a handsome man, he was still a ger.

The court yard was well maintained with full of lemon grasses as the carpet and pots and beds of peony bushes full of colorful peonies. In the mid, many desks and seats were set neatly and many elegant ladies sat laughing and chatting with their lips behind their sleeves.

As soon as Shen Nuo stepped into the premises, a dead silence felled and almost every head turned towards the stranger dressed in red and black. Damn it! He looked like a man! But he was very handsome... handsome and beautiful than any of the girls present.

They couldn't believe their eyes. Shen Nuo used to wear layers of makeup and looked hideous. But why did he look this handsome without makeup? They couldn't veil their envy.

They immediately stood up in courtesy except the Empress. Shen Nuo was still high ranked than them consorts and concubines. His powers only subsided forth the Emperor and Empress.