Chapter 11

Zhanhua stood by the window with his hands behind his back, watching the heavy down pour. It had been raining the entire day. Lightnings flashed followed closely by ear splitting thunders. The evening was very gloomy and it forebode a heavy storm.

Cold drops of rain water slapped upon Zhanhua's face who stood by the window. But his eyes were fixed far away at misty mountains that rose like giant ghosts amid the rain. It looked as though he was in deep thought. His handsome face looked almost bloodless and pale.

The man dressed in black behind him knelt down. "Please, My Lord, this humble servant beg you! Please return with me. His Majesty is waiting for your return!"

Zhanhua turned back and helped him to his feet. "I really don't understand why you keep pestering me. I clearly told you once. I'm not any seventh prince of Xian Yan. I've been living here since I can remember. And I cannot be the person you're searching for."

"My Lord!" The man looked as if he was to cry. He was already drenched in water that dripped down upon the wooden tiled floor. It had been just a while ago that this stranger had sneaked into this room amid this rain. "Please don't pretend. You already know that you're not the true son of Minister Yue!"

Zhanhua frowned. To tell the truth, he indeed knew that his current father, the retired Minister of Revenue was not his biological father. He was picked up from the roadside by him when he was very small.

So he, Yue Zhanhua could be considered a common civilian. But still he rose through the ranks and became an Empire's Official of Revenue. Had not his Emperor being lenient and merciful enough?

And suddenly oneday some unknown stranger comes to him and says that he's a son of another Emperor himself and is being summoned back. Could he believe? He didn't have the mind to betray his Emperor anyway. He turned to look out of the window. "Get out! I won't repeat the same thing again. And I've already pledged my lifetime service to Emperor Li."

The man looked grave. "Do you still think that your father threw you away because he didn't want you? My Lord! Your father was the person who loved you the most. Everything he did was to save you! If not for His Majesty, you'd be already dead!"

Zhanhua stood adamantly. "Sorry, brother, I don't know who you are or where you are from. But you've found the wrong person."

"My Lord!" The black cloaked man cried out in a furious whisper. "Then forgive me for the offense, can you tell me how you know to manipulate beasts at your will?"

Zhanhua furrowed his brows. "I don't think I'm the only one with that ability."

The man smiled wearily. "My Lord spoke truly. My Lord isn't the only one. But beside My Lord, there's just one person in this world with the ability to communicate with beasts. And he's your father - His Majesty the Emperor of Xian Yan. Not even your six senior siblings have the ability..."

Zhanhua pursed his lips. He didn't speak for a long time.

"Your Highness, if you still don't believe me, then you have to believe in yourself! There's a silvery birth mark in shape of a fire flame in the back of your left shoulder!"

Zhanhua's face went pale.

"Only the descendants of the pure Xian Yan bloodline can be born with it. My Lord, do you still doubt yourself?"

"Impossible..." Zhanhua shut his eyes shaking his head slowly. "Birth marks are common. Anyone can have them..."

But the man in black didn't seem to give up either. "Then My Lord, I'll speak of something extremely secretive that you only know about yourself. There's no way for me to deceive Your Majesty that way, isn't it?"