Chapter 42

AUTHOR'S NOTE (IMPORTANT):

I DON'T WANT THIS THING TO HAPPEN AGAIN!

 Thanks for the friends who were kind enough to inform me... ♥♥♥
_______________________________________________________________

Back to the story...

At Lotus Palace, Consort Lian sat by the side of her bed silently. Her face looked extremely weary and her eyes had dark circles. It was past midnight. But sleep did not come to her.

Minghe's innocent face came to her mind every second, torturing her again and again. She remembered every time Minghe visited her residence and called her Mother Lian with an innocent and a pure smile.

She loved that child very much. But everytime, she was forced to keep away from the prince. She was afraid he would be tracked as long as he was in her residence. Frankly, she did not trust her dad anymore. All the agents around her were all lackeys of her father. She couldn't be rash.

So the urge to snuggle and cuddle Minghe in her arms, to pat his fluffy head and call him Ah'Ming, these things were forcefully restrained by her. She always appeared to be cold to him and wore a frightening smile so that Minghe won't visit her often.

But to be honest, every time she saw Minghe, she remembered her son. He must be big now, big enough to walk on his own. How was he doing? Is he being fed enough? Does he miss his mom? Shi Jiu did not know.