Chapter 18

Yanlong smirked with distress and shook his head disgustedly. He slowly got down the mossy stairs and entered the warm waters. He came towards Shen Nuo who stood unable even to lift a leg and flee.

"Shen Nuo." He said drawing back his dangerous voice, pressing him onto a rocky wall with streams of cascading waters. "So, tell Zhen, how did your meeting with Zhanhua go? Was it pleasant?"
________________________________________________________________

Shen Nuo felt so vulnerable. He couldn't tell Li Yan the matter of Minghe's assassination without raising awkward questions from the other party. Li Yan was not Zhanhua. Li Yan was not patient like Zhanhua either.

So better not to reveal anything at least for the time being. Shen Nuo looked at Li Yanlong. "It's nothing. I happened to meet him there at the restaurant. It was a coincidence."

Li Yanlong narrowed his eyes. "Is that so?" He hissed in a dangerous voice. "Zhen did not know that Zhanhua was that generous. He even carried medicines with him to the restaurant himself. How did he know that your ear was wounded?"

Shen Nuo was speechless. This Dog Emperor really knew how to question. Really, the Emperor bit him that night and miraculously, the next morning Zhanhua happened to bring some ointments with him.

A cold shudder ran down Shen Nuo's back. Why does it sound like he met Zhanhua that night behind the Emperor right after that incident at the Imperial Library...

Ok! Matters were drawing bad again. He felt angry for no reason. What was this Dog Emperor doing? In the previous life, at least original Shen Nuo must have led a dog-trouble free life. But why was it different now?

Li Yan shouldn't be caring about the matters concerning him. He should be at Consort Lian's chamber right now...

Shen Nuo narrowed his eyes. He felt even angry when he remembered Lian. He looked at Li Yan testily. "Why should I tell you? It's not like we're husband and wife for real. I thought you knew it. Mind your own business!"

Yanlong gritted his teeth. "Zhen doesn't mind even if you **** anyone! But still you're Zhen's wife. This matter concern's Zhen's dignity." He said in a gloomy voice. "Zhen once told you not to run after other men. Don't mistake Zhen's patience as forgiving!"

Shen Nuo spat on his face. "You dream!" He tried to push the Emperor away.

The Emperor's gaze turned colder. He grasped from Shen Nuo's throat without mercy.

Shen Nuo choked in his breath at once. Tears seeped down his red eyes. His pale hands grasped tightly upon the strong wrist of the Emperor.

"Li... Yan..." He stammered hoarsely out of his breath. Blood lines trailed down the corners of his pale lips. The grasp upon his throat was too tight, as if he wanted to crush his neck.

The Emperor tightened his grip more and more onto the pale neck, leaving a deep mark of red print of his strong and slender fingers. His narrowed phoenix eyes looked ruthless and demonic without a slightest bit of affection.

"Li Yanlong!" Shen Nuo cried out hoarsely. "I'm...still your consort! Is this the...way you're supposed to...treat me? What..what did I do for you to...hate me this much!!?"

The Emperor pursed his thin lips. His aura got colder and colder. Shen Nuo dared to ask this question from him? Didn't he know? Didn't he know anything? The Emperor felt mad.

For the crimes that General's Manor had already committed, not only Shen Nuo, but the entire General's line should be beheaded. Not even a thousand deaths can atone the sins. But still he did not do it. He even married Shen Nuo who was his enemy. Wasn't he being too merciful?