Chapter 41

Don't miss this chapter, it's important!

If you've forgotten,

Shen Ruoyun: the retired grand Martial of Li Yang. (Shen Nuo's father)

Consort Lian: Shi Lianhua or Shi Jiu, a Noble Consort of Li Yan. A hidden martial artist and also the current head of Wolf Head Assassin Organization.

Shen Du: Grand Martial of Li Yang Empire and the Third Young Master of General's Manor.
_________________________________________________________________

That evening, Shen Ruoyun stood forth the window of his enormous Study, patiently waiting for someone. His eyes were narrowed and it revealed an evil fire.

The door opened slowly behind him and a tall and a slender cloaked figure entered inside. The head was hooded heavily in black. But considering the shape of the figure, it was doubtlessly a young woman.

Ruoyun turned back and took a deep look at the woman. For a moment, she stood silently before she pushed the black hood to the back of her head.

A beautiful and an innocent looking face appeared. But half of that face had some slight scars of a burn. Shen Ruoyun sighed and raised his hand to the scarred cheek and gently stroked it.

Consort Lian trembled convulsively at the touch. But she did not dodge. She gulped. "Father..."

Ruoyun looked at her big glassy eyes. "Who did this to you?"

Consort Lian kept silent, biting her lower lip and her eyes turned moist. "Father! Forget it! Why did you call me again?"

Ruoyun continued to look at his illegitimate child. He did not think that one-day she would stand out to be the most beautiful daughter of his. Not only that, he did not think she would be the most useful as well. This secret of him being the father of this daughter was actually a secret that none knew.

But he regretted. Only if she wasn't the daughter of a whore with whom he had slept, only if she was born as one of his legitimate children at General's Manor, how lucky he would have been...

But for outside, she was still a nobody to him, she was just a brothel girl who was picked up by the Emperor into the harem out in mercy...

Ruoyun sighed again. "Do you hate your father?"

Consort Lian nodded her head with a weak and a weary smile. It was full of love towards her father whom she rarely had the chance to meet. "No, father, I love you."

Ruoyun nodded smiling. "You have always been the most obedient child I had." He said in a satisfied voice. "Then are you willing to do anything for the sake of your father?" He asked her in a soft whisper.

She gulped again. In her face was obviously unwillingness. "What is it this time? Father, no killing or no poisoning again. As long as it doesn't hurt anybody, I'm willing..."

Shen Ruoyun looked at her with a difficult emotion to understand. "You've changed a lot!"

The face that usually looked evil and heartless forth Shen Nuo now obviously had pain flashed across her face. "Father, I'm tired of killing. I don't want to kill anymore. If killing is what you want from me, I'm sorry dad, I can't. Perhaps father should ask help from someone else..."

Shen Ruoyun grasped from her shoulders gently but firmly. "Just this once. I promise you that I'll set you free after that."

Consort Lian felt uneasy. She moved away from his grasp, stepped several steps back and lowered her head politely. "Father! You tell so every time you ask me to kill but father's thirst to kill is never ending. I've failed you father, this time I can't!"