Chapter 09

That night, Shen Nuo entered the Imperial Chamber. The Emperor was calmly sitting cross legged forth the jade desk in a dignified manner, his tall and straight body, looking majestic than ever. The face that was lowered to read the memorials looked very handsome under the lamp lit gloom. The mole between his dense brows was bewitching.

Shen Nuo bowed low and then raised a rolled parchment in his slender beautiful hand. "Your Majesty summoned me?"

"Yes."

Shen Nuo smirked. "This consort poisoned Consort Lian and is highly disgraced. I wonder what caused Your Majesty to have sympathy over him so as to lift the confinement."

"That depends on Zhen's mood." The Emperor answered patiently. "If Zhen wants, he can throw you back to the Frost Palace and confine you for a life time."

"Why don't you summon your lovey dovey lotus?"

"Consort Lian's feeling unwell. She cannot serve Zhen tonight."

Shen Nuo looked at Yanlong simply. "Then there's one Empress who sits idly in her Palace and hadn't seen the Emperor for a month! What about the five other consorts and six concubines that haven't even seen your face before? Do they feel unwell as well?"

The Emperor did not look at him. "Looks like Consort Shen is well informed!" He flipped through the memorials patiently. "Come here."

Shen Nuo smiled bitterly. As expected! You summoned me just for work! Didn't you? Nevermind! It's normal. Though the dog be Imperial, still it can't get rid of it's habit of eating shit! So I'll take it for granted!

He gritted his teeth with a strained smile. But still he went.

The Emperor raised his brows as he flipped through the next memorial. His face was calm and collected. "Why do you always change your thoughts so quickly? Didn't you want to @#$k Zhen's nine lifetimes good luck before?"

Shen Nuo smirked. "You even -" Suddenly he froze stunned. What-!!? Did he hear rightly? His scalp went numb. He was speechless. A cold shudder ran down his spine.

He indeed had said those words before. But it was just his thought and he never uttered a word aloud. How did the Emperor know? Shen Nuo had a terrible guess in his heart. "You - you can read minds!" He ended lamely.

Yanlong laughed softly. He didn't even look at Shen Nuo. "Zhen is amazed. Consort Shen is the first to find that. If Zhen doesn't have some capabilities, how do you want Zhen to rule this Empire?" He placed away the memorial and picked up a new one. "So thinking about @#$king Zhen's ancestor shall also be excused." He added casually.

Shen Nuo looked as if a cold bucket of ice water got dumped over his head. He wanted to dig a hole and burry himself. Who in the heavens knew!!?

Considering the things he had already cursed about Yanlong in his heart gave him goosebumps. He couldn't speak for a long time.

Why wasn't anything like this mentioned in the novel? The novel even didn't mention that there was a mole between his brows... Thus, in their first meeting Shen Nuo ended up saying hello to the Emperor's brother... What was exactly happening? Shen Nuo did not know.

But-

Still so what? This Dog Emperor was a mere character in a novel. Why should he be afraid of him? If Shen Nuo wants to go back to his world, perhaps he could hang himself or suicide. But even if he was to do so, he'll definitely make sure to wear his unique ghost makeup and hang inside Consort Lian's washroom so as to give her a last shock before he die...

Shen Nuo giggled in his heart heartily.

"Zhen is glad that you're not smelling of garlic." The Emperor said. "Get ready to serve Zhen tonight!"