Chapter 35

When Shen Nuo opened his eyes slowly, the sight was slightly blurry. His mind was still hazy. He felt dizzy. His face was pale at loss of blood. His body ached.

Why was it so painful? Why was he like this? As he lied there feeling lifeless, he slowly remembered what happened before he passed out.

He vaugely remembered Zhanhua embracing him into a tight hug while sucking his blood from his neck... He did not know how much time he spent under that death torture. At some moment, the Emperor had suddenly appeared out of nowhere. He had vigorously pulled away Shen Nuo's from the grasp of Zhanhua...

He also slightly remembered Zhanhua and Emperor exchanging some earth shattering blows while he sweated on the hard ground. He passed out. When he regained his subconscious mind, he vaguely remembered the Emperor snuggling him tightly, with his palm pressed upon Shen Nuo's chest and was passing him his internal energy.

Shen Nuo felt somewhat comfortable amid the biting coldness as the warmness that was injected by Li Yan's palm entered into his chest and channelled through his entire body, warming him... And then he passed out again.

And it was now only that he had woken up.

With his subconscious senses, he vaugely struggled to study the situation around him. He was in a dark room that was gloomily lit with a candle. Considering the coldness and the quietness around him, it definitely had to be past midnight.

There was some uneasiness in his body, specially near the neck, as if been rubbed by something cold, wet and slender. It was slightly painful and tickling.

He was lying upon someone's lap with his head leaned upon a sturdy chest. A steady cold breath softly brushed past the top of his head. That person's dress had to be golden. It wasn't uncomfortable. It was very comforting and lofty...

And suddenly when he realized who that person was... His scalp went numb.

He felt a chill. He wanted to get up immediately. He struggled out. But the Emperor held him gently but firmly. Shen Nuo felled back into the Emperor's snuggle lamely.

"Don't move!" Li Yan said silently. He was actually applying some kind of a cold paste upon the deep teeth mark that scarred Shen Nuo's neck. His fingertips were softly rubbing the medicines upon the wound. His moves were gentle and coaxing. He was sitting in a corner of his Dragon Bed with Shen Nuo on his lap...

Shen Nuo did not know what to feel. He felt like his soul almost flew out of him. Shouldn't Li Yan be mad at him after witnessing such an embarrassing scene? He was marked by Zhanhua and it was definitely something serious. To be honest, Li Yan should be killing him right now. But why was Li Yan this calm?

Shen Nuo gulped and didn't dare to move. He didn't dare to look at Li Yan's face. His lips trembled convulsively.

Li Yan was a person with sharp senses. He immediately felt Shen Nuo's unease. "Is it still hurting?" He asked in a low voice.

Shen Nuo subconsciously shook his head. "It hurts a little...just a little, not too much." His voice was very hoarse.

There was no response from Li Yan for a long time. Shen Nuo felt troubled. What was the Emperor driving at? He definitely felt the cold aura of Li Yan at this of a close distance. The smell of Sandalwood was deep, making him more and more hazy.

He slowly raised his eyes to look and got his eyes suddenly locked with a pair of sharp and cold merciless eyes. He gulped and his adam's apple rolled. A cold chill ran down his back. His fingertips trembled.

Li Yan continued to stare at him with narrowed eyes for a moment. Then he shook his head dismissively. He was clearly irritated though he tried to hide it. He placed away the little black box with the medicines and pressed his palm gently upon the wound.