Chapter 28

Li Yan couldn't sleep for many days. Since the day that unexpected thing happened inside his private chamber, he had been too distracted even during the court sessions. He felt very guilty. He was frustrated with himself. This incident remained to be a deep scar at the depths of his heart that got scraped everytime when he remembered it.

He nearly destroyed Shen Nuo in his blind desires. Everytime he pulled the quilt over him to sleep, he would remember the pitiful cute face of Nuo Nuo that moment he was mercilessly pulled down the floor.

Li Yan knew he was wrong, very wrong. But still, shamelessly he had to admit that he actually liked it. He craved for it more. He wanted more of it. He didn't know why. Whenever he sees Shen Nuo cry, he wants to make him cry even worse.

Whenever he sees Shen Nuo's innocent little face, he wants bully him to death, until his face went red and eyes went moist. Whenever he sees Shen Nuo's soft and pale pink lips, he wanted to kiss them until they go swollen and red.

He want to possess him, haunt him and own him...

But-

He also regretted what he did for a thousand times. There were countless times he cursed himself for being unrestrained himself. Shen Nuo was still a child! How can he possibly think that way about him?

He wants to say sorry to Shen Nuo. He wants to ask forgivings personally. So one evening, he finally decided to peel off his cold blooded thick face, disguised himself in casual robes and silently went out of the Palace.

Meanwhile, Shen Nuo was at the Academy, sitting under a peach tree. It was a holiday. In his hands was a bamboo scroll but his eyes were fixed at the gloomy evening sky. He was silent and thoughtful. In one of his pale white hands was a white jade tassel. His lips still looked scratched and slightly purple. It gave him pain everytime he moved his lips. But he endured.

So now when he sat under the tree, he was in deep thought and no one knew what he was thinking. Zhanhua who was passing by, happened to see him there. Zhanhua noticed that Shen Nuo was acting weird since a week. But he didn't catch the abnormality. But he was a person with sharp senses. He felt a strange and faint smell of Sandalwood from Shen Nuo.

He was confused. He felt like he had smelled this fragrance before. But he couldn't remember clearly. No matters what, it always gave him a bad feeling...

Shen Nuo always used to hang around him in every possible time. But since a week, he had been avoiding everyone. His eyes were often moist and he would just blankly stare at something, lost in his own deep thoughts...

"Nuo Nuo."

Shen Nuo was startled at the sudden interruption. He clearly didn't see Zhanhua coming!

He looked away quickly, avoiding Zhanhua's eye. "Big brother? Why did you come here?"

Zhanhua sat close to Shen Nuo with a smile. Shen Nuo's eyes widened. He tried to move away a bit from Zhanhua. But Zhanhua held his palm gently and firmly. "Can't big brother come to see you when he wishes?"

Shen Nuo was stunned. He was speechless. He went red. That voice was almost a whisper in his ear. Why does it sound like...

Zhanhua sighed deeply, shaking his head. "Why are you trying to avoid me now?" He asked in a distressed voice. "Did I do something wrong? Hmm?"

Shen Nuo tried to pull away his hand from Zhanhua. Luckily Zhanhua also did not intend on having their hands clasped either. He let go of Shen Nuo.

"Big brother, you've mistaken. It's not that I'm avoiding. I don't want to trouble anyone..."