Chapter 29

WARNING! MATURE CONTENT.
________________________________________________________________

That night, it was unusually cold. Empress Xi Jiu pulled the golden quilt over her shoulders and sank deeper into the bed. The wind was howling outside the window screen. She fell asleep.

But suddenly at a certain hour in the midnight, a tall and a dark shadow pulled away the curtain around the bed without warning and hoovered over her, startling her to scream in fright. But her mouth was immediately blocked by that person's thin and cold lips. She couldn't scream. A weak moan escaped her lips.

Her lips were bitten and kissed deeply until traces of blood appeared. It was pain like she had never felt before.

She immediately recognized that touch. She was bewildered. Li Yan??? It was Li Yan!
_______________________________________________________________

She was horror-stricken. Li Yan never liked to be with her like this, entangling with each other this intimately...

She didn't move for a while and was too shocked. Then she suddenly came back to her senses and realized that she was feeling a strong smell of alcohol from Li Yan.

Her eyes widened. So Li Yan was drunk! Else would he have come here? She was flabbergasted. She knew that Li Yan wasn't in his right senses now. She needs to immediately stop him. If this go far too much and once Li Yan gets sober, she did not want to think what he will do next...

It was clear Li Yan did not like her. It was not good for her to take advantage of him in this of a situation. Even if she wanted him to love her, she wanted him to love her willingly. She didn't want it this way.

So she forcefully tried to break off from the kiss. She was running out of her breath. She struggled violently and opened her mouth to speak.

Li Yan accepted the chance gracefully and entered her mouth in the next second. Xi Jiu's eyes almost teared in pain. Li Yan wringed his tongue with her's like a thirsty poisonous snake. He did not leave her a single second to refuse.

When Xi Jiu realized things were really going out of her control, she couldn't help but bite Li Yan's lips hard. Her teeth cut into his swollen and wet lower lip and bled.

Li Yan slowly raised his face and looked at her face. Those red and slightly wet eyes were cold and frightening. He wiped way the blood on his lower lip and glared at her.

"Unwilling, aren't you?" He asked in a softer but more dangerous voice. "But you were so willing when Zhanhua kissed you this morning."

Xi Jiu's scalp went numb. What? Zhanhua? That young son of Minister of Revenue? He was younger than her! How could she possibly... She shook her head wildly. "Your Majesty, what... What are you saying!"

But Li Yan didn't seem to be in his senses right now. He did not want to hear a single excuse from her.

"You dare!" He hissed in a dangerous voice that sounded very hoarse. "What is better in Zhanhua than me? Hmm? You seem to like him so much..."

Xi Jiu was thunder struck.  Then she suddenly realized that it might not be the case. Her eyes widened in horror. "Your Majesty! You're drunk!"

But Li Yan pushed her down deeper to the bedsheets trapping her under him. "All these times you refused me because you loved him! Nuo Nuo! You really - !"

Xi Jiu gasped. Nuo Nuo? The Emperor had mistaken her! That sounded like a nickname. Who was this Nuo Nuo who was capable of driving Li Yan mad? She was apprehensive. She struggled uselessly to break free from the painful grasp upon her shoulders. "Your Majesty! No!"