Chapter 08

Liyi and Jinyu both gasped. Jinyu withdrew the sword and bowed in courtesy. Liyi followed.

"Noble Consort Lian!"

However, Consort Lian looked too furious to be concerned of the offense by the maid and the bodyguard right now. She angrily threw the hood to the back of her head and glared at Shen Nuo.

She was wearing a linen veil, hiding the lower half of her beautiful face. Her big and alluring eyes were a salad of emotions. In it was hate, anger, anxiety and also a faint touch of fear. "Give me the antidote!"

Shen Nuo raised his brows in amazement. "Aiya, Consort Lian, what are you talking about? This Shen Nuo doesn't understand though..."

Consort Lian looked furious. "You poisoned the wine cup before you threw it on my face!" She hissed venomously. "Give me the antidote!"

Shen Nuo just looked at her pleasantly. "Didn't I poison you one month ago? But you never came for the antidote if I remembered it rightly."

Consort Lian looked stunned. As for the matter from one month ago, it wasn't Consort Shen. It was she herself who drank poison to frame Shen Nuo. She didn't expect him to bring the matter at this moment. She was momentarily speechless.

Shen Nuo pointed at the seat next to him patiently. He still didn't look at her. Then he started playing with the undrunk cup of tea in his hand.

Consort Lian couldn't take it anymore. She shrugged and sat on the seat rudely. "Now give me the antidote!"

Shen Nuo laughed softly. "You never begged me, Consort Lian. Was your dignity eaten by dogs?"

Consort Lian was grinding her teeth. She forcefully suppressed her anger. You wait until I get the antidote from you! I'll show you what I can!

Shen Nuo pulled away the veil rudely and looked at her face. Her eyes widened at the unexpected attack. She tried to cover her face. But it was too late. Even Liyi and Jinyu gasped in shock.

It looked as though her face had grown some kind of rashes. It stretched from her chin upwards until it reached her left ear.

Shen Nuo couldn't help but let out a strangled laugh. "Pfft!"

Consort Lian gulped. She felt ashamed. This thing happened because of the wine that was dumped by Shen Nuo the night before. She did not know that it was not any poison. She did not know that the wine got mixed with the unique makeup she was using and had a disastrous side effect.

She did not want the Emperor to see her face. So that early morning, she had secretly summoned a doctor. But the doctor had said that he had never seen such a disease before...

But can she be like that forever? If the Emperor looked at her face now, he would never look at her again. She really looked hideous. The only hope was to find the person who poisoned her.

Shen Nuo wouldn't have used a killer poison on her. She knew it. Shen Nuo was usually careful with everything he did. He must definitely have the antidote.

So she had no alternative but to use a veil to hide the lower half of her face. She came in search of him all the way towards the pavilion, alone.

Shen Nuo was a doctor. Of course he knew it was a skin allergy which was caused by the mixture of wine and makeup. Perhaps the era in which he currently lives isn't that skilled in medicines. It was no wonder the doctors of this age did not know about this...

But -

He was not going to yield that easily. The moment he realized he had transmigrated into the novel, he swore to do justice to the poor male consort who died unjustly. He would make sure Consort Lian would suffer.